Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We should all take lessons....

I think this is my favorite age with John. Sure, we enjoyed the times when he was completely immobile and dependent on us and would take naps on our chest (life just seemed simpler then....as if that was so long ago) but 6 months is too much fun!

He is so easy to please - he can find ways to entertain himself with pretty much anything (a ball, a squishy turtle book, a taggie, a toy bucket, or just a burp rag) and when he is done with one thing, he will gently fall over and begin rolling to the next closest thing. All it takes is a big smile and a "hi" from anyone and the (almost) toothless grin comes out.

He has the most engaging smile, it is a welcoming invitation to sit and stay a while! He draws you in and then you find your fascinated with his play and watching him figure things out. It is truly amazing to see the development each and every day. He is well on his way to figuring his world out, only to wake up the next day to something totally new and different, and the eagerness to figure that out too.

There are only a few situations in which he is less than happy - hunger or tiredness rank high on that short list. But, again, he is so easy to soothe.

I would describe life with John right now as "fun"; he has fun, we have fun, everyone has fun!

We should all take lessons from a 6 month old!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Isn't it so amazing how you could sit and watch him for hours? I think it's neat that God gives us the opportunity to raise a child so we might remember that we are childlike in His eyes. It makes you have a whole new respect for the love He has for us. Great post.

Jamie said...

I thank the Lord for this miracle and blessing every single night!

jcarr said...

John is so beautiful. 6 months is such a fun age! So much personality and so many new things to discover! Everything old and ordinary becomes new again when seeing it through the eyes of your child. My mom used to laugh at me when Ethan was younger because every few months I would tell her, "THIS is definitely my favorite age!" Every age brings new milestones and discoveries. You are a wonderful mother and Carl is a great dad and I am so happy you are taking the time to really enjoy John. It all goes by so quickly. One day you will wake up and he will be 8! (Can you believe it? Ethan is 8 years old!!)I am really glad you are doing this so that we can watch John grow and change. Give him a big kiss from me!

Unknown said...

Being a mother is an unmatched experience. I'm very proud of you.