Something is weighing heavy on my mind - so it has just become tonight's blog topic. It is a personal topic, but I will make it family friendly. :)
Nursing - I am very lucky and blessed that I was able to nurse John from day one. I had some intense pain in the beginning, but he never had an ounce of trouble - 2 hours out of the womb he latched right on and the rest is history.
I have also pumped and stock piled a frozen supply for when I am not around to feed him. John has never had a problem taking a bottle. Dad starting giving him a bottle about 2 weeks into life and, again, not an ounce of trouble...until now...at least I thought so anyway....I will spare you the details but I thought he was having trouble with a bottle, but through some investigation today, I think I am drying up. :(
This truly makes me sad, I have enjoyed every second of nursing and I am not ready to stop. It is a bond that is absolutely indescribable and beyond amazing. I am not giving up just yet though, I am going to drink a ton of water and go through some other steps to see if I can increase the supply again. I know I am truly blessed to have been able to do it for almost 7 and a half months now, and I will focus on that.
Don't get me wrong - I, by no means, am a nursing Nazi; I know that a baby can be healthy and happy either way, no question there. But once you start, and the longer you go, the harder it is emotionally to stop. Here's hoping this is not the end.
Our Thursday:
4:00am - wake up to eat (I have decided after today's investigation that maybe he is not getting enough to eat at night to keep him full, thus he is still waking up)
6:15 - Dad gets up to start his day
6:30 - I get up to start my day
7:30 - John gets up to start his day
8:15 - solid breakfast (Apple cinnamon oatmeal and oatmeal cereal)
8:30 - 9:45 - play
9:45 - 11:00 nap
11:00 - wake up attempt a bottle (1 oz)
12:00 - lunch (pasta and rice and goldfish)
12:20 - play
1:50 - attempt bottle and nap (2.5 oz)
2:30 - wake up & nurse
3:00 - play
5:00 - eat
5:15 - activity center while I cook dinner
5:45 - 6:30 - eat, high chair time, and I let him paint with his food on the high chair - he loved it.
6:30 - bath
6:50 - play
7:20 - start bedtime routine
7:45 - sound asleep
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























3 comments:
Oh dear, sis so sorry to hear it. I agree that you should try all you can, but know that either way it is OK. You will still have an incredible bond with your child and have an incredible shared experience. I'm so proud of you for all our hard work at motherhood. You're an awesome mom!
Thanks so much for the encouraging words!
You're so welcome. I checked with Jessie who is breast-feeding number two. She agrees on the drink more water and maybe pumping in between. Her experience with the first child was that it did taper off abit with solid food and also just naturally at some point. (For her about 10 months). She says she was sad too, but feels as connected to her little guy as ever. Hang in there and this will work itself out.
Post a Comment