Thursday, November 6, 2008

Love Thursdays: Naps

Today I was inspired by Abbey's blog "At Home With The Richards Family" to start a new weekly entry for the blog called "Love Thursdays". From what I can tell, it is an opportunity one day a week to write about and focus on something we love. I think this idea has so much depth and possible range of topics. I am not all that creative and struggle when it comes to blog entries, so this should help. Thank you to Abbey for the inspiration!

This week's topic - naps!

Whoever got rid of naps after preschool was crazy! I do not really get to take naps during the week; but occasionally on weekends after we put John down for his nap, Carl and I will settle in front of the TV and accidentally doze off. It is a wonderful feeling to wake up to John patting the crib and look at the clock and discover we have been asleep for an hour. (Okay, so this is more me than Carl, but he dozes sometimes too!)

However, I love John's naps even more than my own, mainly because I love when he wakes up. I know that sounds silly, but the look on his face and his demeanor when you walk into the room after a nap is priceless. Waiting for me is a huge smile while he sits up so straight as if he is proud of himself for taking a nap. He rubs his eyes and then reaches his arms up to me and my heart melts. He wakes up a new baby anxious to explore everything all over again.

And of course, the naps are a break for me to get things done. This could include work, cleaning the house, cleaning the pool (only this time of year with ALL the leaves), bills/quicken, making phone calls, catching up on email/blogs, planning, and/or general household management. All things that a WAHM/SAHM takes care of, and although there are times of frustration and dislike with some of these tasks - overall I am very lucky and blessed that I able to be at home as much as I am. (look for a separate entry on WAHM/SAHM, as there is so much to say!)

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Love it! Great post and welcome to Love Thursdays! I think the idea is that it be a community effort and I'm glad we're doing it together. Have a great day!

Summer said...

This is a great idea - I may have to join in. Great post, I can totally picture him sitting up so proud after his nap. What a sweet boy!