Saturday, January 24, 2009

11 months

This month was a big one! Here are some memorable milestones:

- clapping (this was particularly exciting for me, not sure why)
- gives kisses - instant cure for ANY bad day
- mastered the sippy cup
- figured out to open the kitchen cabinets (not one of my favorite developments)
- learned to climb the stairs (he learned this after watching some older kids do it at Ryann Phillips first birthday party)
- had a rash that I was 100% convinced it was the chicken pox, but ended up being a symptom of his viral infection
- went through (okay, is still going through) a "mama's boy" stage, sometimes I love it, sometimes it is a little difficult, but mainly, I know I will miss it, so I have patience.
- went from walking only with encouragement to walking all the time on his own. Just in the last few days did he get good at picking stuff up from a standing position and returning to a standing position without falling.
- started the older class at 'the little gym', he is now a "bird" instead of a "bug"
- has 4 bottles a day (6-8oz), 3 meals (type and volume vary depending on his mood), several snacks and 1 sippy cup of juice a day

1 comment:

Abbey said...

excellent summary! Amazing how fast they grow. We've had that rash situation before with B too, in fact just earlier this fall. Quite the little man. I love the picture at the top of the blog by the way.