Thursday, March 26, 2009

13 month

Some 13 month milestones and other fun/interesting/challenging things he is doing:

- dropped all bottles except his night bottle (have not convinced myself it is time yet...patience - I am getting there)

- eats 3 meals a day with 2 or 3 snacks, depending on how he ate the rest of the day (favorite foods as of today: applesauce, yogurt, cheese, grapes, bananas, avocado, veggie dogs, stuffing)

- starting to run; not quite there, but close when he is excited

- sleeps from 8:00 - 8:00 give or take 30 minutes in the morning (but will still randomly wakes up in the middle of the night a few times a month; no pain, just wakes up; can't wait for this to pass, as those nights are MUCH harder for all us when you not used to doing it every night like earlier in his life)

- sleeps about 1.5 hours at nap (still waiting patiently for this to extend, like many of you promised it would!!!!)

- when we sing to him, if he is paying attention, when we stop singing, he will start

- knows his animal sounds, he will bark, roar, make monkey sounds, moo, quack and say "hop, hop, hop" when asked about a bunny (these are all his versions, but they are still distinctive from one another)

- when I say it is bath time, he heads for the stairs, and then right up to the tub, and feels the water until I put him in.

- loves to play hide and seek around the columns with Daddy (this is hilarious and will make you laugh EVERY time)

- He has taken a renewed interest in the dogs - they make him laugh so hard, he loves to pet (beat) them and point out their body parts when prompted. The dogs (especially Kallie) don;t seem to mind quite as much as they used to. They will sit there patiently for several minutes.

- His words (at least the ones that we can decipher), yet unclear, include "elbow" (bo-bo), "fish" (sh), "shake" (shi), "dog" (doog), "ball" (well, I think I am the only one that can decipher this one), "hat" and "hot" (ha), "shoes" (sho), "more" (mo)

- right on track for clothes - wears 12 -18 months depending on the fit.

- LOVES his "How Big is Baby Elmo" book - we could read this thing 10 times and he would sit and listen. Just today he puts his hands over his eyes to play peek-a-boo when we get to the page that baby Elmo plays peek-a-boo.

- Can point (or otherwise indicate) to his ears, eyes, nose, belly, feet and head

3 comments:

Summer said...

Hate to tell you this, but at 19 months we're still waking in the middle of the night a couple times a month, like you said, no pain, just up. Hoping this ceases before B2's arrival, otherwise I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

I should have started blogging a long time ago! It's so much fun :) Hang in there on those naps!

Abbey said...

Just sounds like a lot of fun to me. Wish I had all this written down for B, here's hoping that with blogging Bitty get's hers written down.