Tuesdays are still John's day with Nana and Da. Side note: We are not entirely sure where "Da" came from, except that is what John started calling him one day and it stuck. I think it came from "Grandpa" and John picked up on "pa" and it came out "Da". Either way, that is his name. :)
I went into John's room around 7:30 and he shuffled around, opened his eyes for a second to make sure it was me, and then drug himself to his feet with arms up high. I held him for a minute, limp on my shoulder (wish I could pause this moment in time) and then laid him down for a diaper change. These are my favorite because John is still sleepy so he keeps his eyes closed and doesn't fight me on the diaper.
Get him dressed, grab his milk and off we go....
When we get to Nana and Da' house, he first runs and finds Nana and shows her whatever random thing he decided to bring from the house (today it was his play keys and my old phone). Then he proceeds to run to he foot of the stairs, point up and yell out for Da.
A quick forced kiss and hug for Mama and off I go to work. He could care less that I leave, but it is a good feeling.
Everyday is a new a different adventure over there, but some of their favorite things to do:
- get in the bed, put Nana's glasses on and read books to Mike (the monkey) and little dog. I think they flip and read the huge stack of books 100 times in a day.
- go to "Grandpa land" (upstairs), dubbed this because Grandpa's office is up there and he works during the day with several breaks to come visit John and take him to Grandpa land. I am not entirely sure what they do, but I know it includes playing computer games, looking at pictures, eating cheese and plenty of other trouble!
- Go out back and throw ALL (3 buckets full) of his deemed pool toys through the gate and into the pool. I wonder if Nana and Da will ever admit how any times they get the net out and fish them all out for him to do again?!?
- take all the animals for a ride in his wagon around the house, but only if Nana makes her "nnn nnn nnn" sound effects!
- empty the pantry shelves and stack and play with all of it
- get into her baking drawer and 'cook cook' the goldfish with wooden spoons and bowls
- eat!
I am sure I am forgetting a favorite, they have so many 'routine' games over there. Nana, feel free to add a comment if I am forgetting something big.
I came to get him about 4:45, we talked and played for a bit and then headed home.
Daddy is at the double-header Ranger game tonight with work, so we were on our own. We ate some leftovers, played downstairs, "booped" (finally!), took a bath, watched the Ranger game and then headed up for bed.
Tonight he let me read him is potty books 3 times, he kept asking for more!
I put him down about 8:00, he whined once. I looked on the monitor about 8:10 and he was silently rolling around, but was out by 8:15.
Now... I am on the computer. :)
Here are some pictures from Nana and Da's.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
Hey - will you let me know which "potty book" you are reading? I haven't gotten one yet but think it's about time!
I bought several on amazon, but was wishing I went to barnes & noble first, as some of them are really not good.
I do like "I am a potty champion", "once upon a potty" and "potty time with Elmo" (sound book) and "I can go potty" (sound book).
I recommend going to the book store and seeing what they have that you know Amelia will like.
Post a Comment