I am a little behind on posts, but hope to catch up this week.
Here are some fun/interesting facts from John's 19th month:
- Uses 3 and 4 words together
- started thumb sucking a lot more than he used to
- will watch TV for a more extended period of time; but still not more than 10-15 minutes unless he is tired. (favorite: Imagination Movers, Mickey Mouse Club (he sings the “hot dog” song every time he see Mickey anywhere; Sesame Street; LOVES the Jungle book)
- wears a 7.5 shoe!
- Loves when people come to the house, but needs quite a bit of warm up time when we go other places
- No more crying when we leave him with Johanna!
- We put him down completely awake at nap and bed time and there is no crying
- LOVES his bounce house
- this month we started thinking about potty training. We got him books (“where is the poop?” is his favorite) and then a soccer ball potty, he sits on it with his bare bum all the time, he sometimes tells us when he needs to “boot” (which can mean either pee or poo). He will regularly pee in the potty after nap if I get up there in time, but only after several minutes of sitting there. He sort of lost interest with our busy schedule lately, so we let it slide, but we may start back up and see how far we can get again….
- some new favorite words: up, whale (first “L” sound he has made), base (pause) ball, walk (“ak”), airplane (“airp’ane”), "hi mama" typically after I have said 'no' to something - I think he thinks it gets him out of trouble! And of course I smile. (I am the one in touble!)
- eats absolutely anything I give him. It has always been this way, but in the recent past, he would spit things out and I would have to have a back up for dinner, or dip whatever it was in applesauce. Now, he will eat anything and A LOT of it.
- stopped using all of his signs and replaces them with words.
- he understands possession to a degree. He points to and labels our drinks, bathroom drawers, blankets, chairs, etc. (“Mama’s dink”, “Daddy’s dink”).
- Favorite thing this month: stuffed animals (‘whale’, ‘Pete’, ‘little dog’, ‘Mike’, ‘oo-oo’ (monkeys), etc.)
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























3 comments:
SOOO jealous about the eat anything part, and holy COW about the 7.5 shoe!! Glad to see you posting again! Can't wait to hear about Sea World!
Yay! You are back to blogging! I can't believe he will eat anything - I am so jealous! Our eating has gone downhill fast the last month. Love all the words!
I have to live by the strategy that there is no "behind." I just try to tell the stories when I can and the ones I want to when the time allows. You're doing great! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment