Friday, November 20, 2009

Big day in John's world

Big day at Little Gym....John did the 'skill of the week' with the teacher. He even volunteered by walking up on the mat. Everyone was watching just him. He was smiling and loving it. It was everything I had in me to not bust out in tears (wiping a tear now). I was so proud! He has not done this in almost a year. I think the other Moms and the teacher shared in my pride as they have only seen him be sort of shy. It was a great moment!

Big day on the potty.... we have not been pushing the potty, but he has been showing so much interest. We let him lead the way. Today, after nap he was dry, so we sat on the potty and read books. Then he moved to the floor. Then he looked up at me and said "uh oh, pee-pee" and got up and sat on the potty. He knew he had to pee before he actually peed! And then he stopped real quick, and I told him to push more pee pee out - and sure enough, he thought it was fun to push (picture gritting his teeth and squinting his eyes) more pee-pee out. I think he recognized that he can control when and how it comes out. I know we have a long way to go - but this was big step!

I am so proud of my little monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Ah, so sweet! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Give Brent a call to work out time and what we should bring:)