Friday, November 13, 2009

Halloween 2009

Inspired by our trip to SeaWorld, John was a penguin this year (“Pete”). I think this is the last year we will get to choose his costume; I suppose next year he will have an opinion. :) Which also probably means the end of the big, bulky, full body suit costumes. :(

We started the festivities on Friday, the Waters had a neighborhood Halloween play-date at their house. The kids went trick-or-treating by using a map of fun characters that they had to find in the house. Once they found the character they could get candy out of its bowl. It was a really cute idea and John caught on to putting the candy into his pumpkin pretty quick! We attempted to get a group picture, but as you can imagine, it was nearly impossible (see pictures below).

Saturday morning Daddy carved a pumpkin while John watched with interest for all of 2 minutes, but then loved the finished product. Then we went to the HOA’s Halloween Party at the park. It was extremely successful party, but John was not a fan. There were a TON of people and kids in scary costumes, loud music and a lot of chaos. I think it was overwhelming for him. We tried to hang out for a bit, but we vacated early.

Shortly before dark we got our first trick-or-treater. We stayed home and half way watched the OU game and kept John in his costume to hand out candy. Once the first big group of kids came and went John proceeded to take the candy out of the bowl and put it back inside the house and said “all gone”. He CLEARLY did not like me giving away his candy. But by the end of the night, he was putting the candy in the kids bags – one….at….a….time. I didn’t care it was taking so long, but I am sure the kids did. We had to turn out the light; we ran out of candy….and I bought A LOT of candy.

Overall a very successful Halloween and probably our last with no actual trick-or-treating.

No comments: