6:45 - Carl gets up
7:00 - I get up
7:30 - Carl is out the door and I head to the kitchen to make coffee, feed dog, pick up kitchen, check email, etc.
8:10 - John finally starts waking up. First words out of his mouth "I have boogers, wipe my boogers". :) We rock in the chair for about 10 minutes and talk about our day and cuddle.
8:30 - Downstairs for breakfast, toast sticks and strawberries and cream oatmeal. I pull out all the tricks, but the kid is NOT eating these days. A few bites and some chocolate milk later, we are up and rushing around to get out the door.
9:30 - Little Gym. He was SO brave and independent today. Had a great time.
10:30 - Ran by the bank and then headed home for snack. Milk and Dinosaur fruit snacks with a few goldfish thrown in there. While he snacks he typically stands at his tower and reads a book or plays with something, so it takes a good 20 minutes.
11:00 - Upstairs to play. Today this consisted of Diego train, drawing on the easel, and playing with all the stuffed animals.
12:00 - Downstairs to watch "Dinosaur Train" while I cook lunch and work.
12:20 - sit down to lunch of meatballs and perogies. 25 minutes later he has about 1.5 meatballs down him, 2 pieces of perogie and half of a cup of milk. He insists that that giraffe is finished (his animal choice of the day) eating. He is spitting out anything I put in his mouth and will not look at me. So we get down. This has been a battle for about a week... hoping it is just a phase.
12:45 - he finishes watching the Backyardigans and plays with giraffe while I work.
1:10 - lay down for nap. Falls asleep by 1:25 or so. I work the whole nap which is sort of out of the ordinary, but there is a project going on.
3:15 - I hear him waking up, so I run around and start some laundry and the dishwasher. I go up there and he plays with this dog blanket, orca whale and giraffe in his bed while I put away his clothes. Then I get him out and we lay on the rug in his room and let his animals listen the music that this little baby Einstein toy has.
4:00 - Dogs bark - AHHH - Daddy is home early!!!! Downstairs for a quick snack of graham crackers and peanut butter and cake. :)
4:15 - Daddy and John disappear into the bathroom for a little hair cut. I blog and do laundry.
4:35 - They emerge from the bathroom and John's hair looks great. I wish we could take him somewhere, but he HATES scissors and he will tell you all about it. Daddy is able to maintain his hair with that clipper thing. We may try again with the hair cut in a few more months?!?!?!
4:45 - this is sort of 'play around and do whatever he wants' time. Carl and I switch off depending on where John is and what he wants to do. This time he sat with Carl and played "monkey preschool lunchbox" on the iphone and I cooked dinner and did some more house stuff.
5:45 - sit down to dinner, John had a hot dog, broccoli and cheese, applesauce and some BBQ beans. I should clarify, this is the meal I put in front of him. Again, only a few bites in and he starts refusing. Daddy makes a deal with him if he has 3 more bites of hot dog and 1 more bite of beans that he can get down. I stayed quiet, fully anticipating that we would never leave that table. Pleasantly surprised, John did it and got down.
6:15 - run around and chase Bailee and Kallie and stop for a quick poop.
6:30 - diaper change with Mama; and then bath time with Daddy while I clean the kitchen and type this blog. :)
6:50 - John stands in his tower and draws and drinks orange juice out of a big boy cup. He is pretty whiny tonight. After he has had all he can handle, I sit down on the couch with him and we watch the recorded 'Survivor' together.
7:50 - Daddy scoops him up and it is off to brush teeth and read books. After hugs and kisses for Daddy, I rock with him, sing a song and say our prayers. He quietly rolls and kicks around quite a bit, but is asleep by 8:45 or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment