Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Week: Language

In my mind the first year of life was all about survival and physical development. Obviously there is overlap, but the 2nd year has been more about language and personality development. Language development is such a big part of our lives right now. There for a while I was worried that John was not talking as much as he should be (silly Mama!), but then....he turned it on full force.

Just the other day he counted to twelve (replacing 11 with 7) which blew me away! I knew he could say the numbers and sometimes could put a few in a row, but had no idea he could go all the way to twelve. He starts the alphabet, but stops with D, unless you pause while singing it, he will fill in the blank wherever you are.

One of my favorite parts of the day is when I go get him from nap or night time because he is so talkative and says the most random things. I just sit and listen to him tell me a 5 minute story. I love it.

He can communicate pretty much anything he needs to tell us and it makes life so much less frustrating for us all.

His most common quotes:

"I did it"
"Mama do it"
"Daddy fix it"
"Get Kallie/Bailee tail"
"Mines"
"Chocolate milk"
"Play Diego"
"Watch Dido train"
"tickle, tickle, tickle"
"wipe my boogers"
"Daddy go work"
"I wanna draw"
"Play monkeys"
"Nana and Da coming?"
"Hawaiian Rainbow"
"ABC"
"get me, hold me"
"Mama/Daddy sit down"
"pease" (please)
"Thank you"
"feed dogs"
"stinky poopy"
"change my dap dap"

There are countless phrases, but these are the ones that I hear at least once a day.

No comments: