The next couple of posts are a bit outdated, but I really want them on the blog to look back on.
Our 2 year doctor visit went as smooth as usual. Here are his stats:
Weight: 31 pounds (82%)
Height: 35 inches (66%)
Head: 19 3/4 (85%)
I measured him again when we got home because he was all over the place when the nurse tried to do it. But sure enough, she was right on; I guess she is used to hitting moving targets. So, Dr. said that meant that he would be right around 5'10'' to 6'. Not that this was surprising, but think it is fun. :)
He is not quite ready for 2T stuff yet. In fact, I bought all of his new shorts and short sleeved shirts in 2T. I am HOPING he will fit in them by the end of the summer. 18 month stuff is a bit small, but especially with no diapers, that is what we are buying. However, I do think it is right around the corner and I think we are going to change sizes during the same season. Which is fine, except on the wallet!
Dr. said we could start in with the 2% milk. I asked why and he said to switch if we were worried about his fat intake! WHAT?!?! I am trying to fatten that monkey up! We will be sticking with the whole milk for now (My big brother STILL drinks it and he is skinny as a rail, I think we are good!)
He also said that we should start using fluoride toothpaste, just no whitening. I asked when we should take him to the dentist and he said that unless we see any problems, not to go before the age of 3. He looks as if he is going to have a bit of an overbite, but I am sure that is due to the thumb sucking. I think we will wait on the dentist, especially if it is anything like sitting in a chair at the hair cut place - I would rather wait until he is older than traumatize him forever.
Dr. also said to start potty training (if you will remember, he told me to start this at 18 months too!). At the time I had no intentions of starting until it was nice and warm outside. Well, fast forward a few weeks and read the previous posts for that update.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























1 comment:
I'm thinking your doctor gives WAY more advice than mine does. Maybe he just assumes I should know these things...like switching to 2% milk...who knew! I'm sure it's no big deal...haha. Hope you guys can come over and play soon!
Post a Comment