Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Camera training

When we were getting John's 2 year pictures done with Jonnye, I noticed that one of her services was camera training. I had asked her about it and then one day she called and said she had a cancelled session - so I rushed over there for some tips and tricks.

I was only there for a couple of hours and there was a lot of information to absorb. I am one of those people that learns by doing something, so it is going to take a lot of practice. But I already feel like I can implement some of the techinques and take better pictures.

I post this becuase if you have the opportunity to do this with Jonnye (I know at least 2 of you blog readers use her too), or if you know a photographer that offers this service I recommend it.

Here are two examples:

I was practicing one evening with bath time and this is me taking a picture as I normally would:



And this is me using some of the lighting and other techniques I learned:




Also, here are some taken the day we went fishing from Carl's phone (not the best example, but shows what I mean)


And here is one I took:


I am not saying these pictures are great, in fact, they both are probably a little over exposed, but I am learning. It just amazes me the different things you can do with a camera if you know your way around.

2 comments:

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

awesome! Makes me want a better camera and lessons!!!!

KC said...

Love seeing the difference in the pics! Britt did this lesson with Jonnye as his christmas present - and I agree totally fun and worth it! I can't wait to see more of your new work. :-)