It has been awhile since our last update, and I am going to do my best to post things as they happen. I am not sure what has happened over the last couple of months - they were here and gone before I knew it!
- The fits have started. I hate to admit it, as I was fooled into thinking we were going to skip this stage. I am still hopeful that it is short lived (I guess everything is in the grand scheme of things). The typical things that you would expect break him into hysterics. Mainly he does not much care for change or things not going his way. Right now, we can still just calm him down within a few minutes and move on. However, we have also had to pull out the time-out until he has calmed down. These are frustrating times for all three of us, but I am trying to look at it as opportunities for life lessons (okay, so it is not that easy sometimes, but it gets me through it.
- He has full blown conversations with us now. He will tell us about his day or what he sees. He tells us when he likes something or dislikes something. He asks us what we are doing or eating or watching.
- He loves to sing or be sang to. He knows the following songs: 'ABC's', 'Twinkle Twinkle', 'Old McDonald', 'Row Your Boat', 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes', and 'Hawaiian Rainbow'. He really sings them along with the tune, SO CUTE!
- Still loving his animals, but the newest obsessions is with fish and sharks. He has a little toy "cars" fishing pole that he loves. Daddy tied a small plastic shark to the end, so he can cast it and reel it in. He is really good with it too. Daddy can not wait to take him fishing.
- Still loving his books, we have progressed into short stories now more than his board books. He will sit and listen to longer stories. He loves two short story book in particular that his Uncle Chris, Aunt Adrienne and Cousin Tyler got him. One has a ton of short stories about all of the popular pixar characters (Nemo, Lightening McQueen, Toy Story, etc.); the other one is all about baby animals. Both are PERFECT for him.
- I would list his favorite TV shows, but he actually has stopped watching TV shows. I normally would turn them on when I needed to get something done, but now, he will totally play on his own and entertain himself for up to 20 minutes sometimes(see imagination discussion below). He does love his movies though; favorites include: Toy Story (1&2), Jungle Book, Cars, Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- His imagination has really started to show itself lately. He is sort of out of the 'baby' toys and is more into things that he can build stories around or play with. Loves to play with his Dr. bag, build tents with blankets, build his legos, fish with his fishing pole, etc. He will talk and narrate the story the whole time. I LOVE to watch him!
- A couple of bad things that have come along with the imagination discussed above is that he is having dreams that are waking him up at night. I will go up there and calm him down and he will tell me about it "orca whale doesn't fit in the basket" or "give me my phone back", etc. Another thing is that is has started showing fear of the most random things, one in particular - the wind! There for a few days he would go into hysterics, but we have managed to convince him that the wind helps the birds fly, it tickles the trees, and it makes Mama's hair look funny.
- And of course - POTTY TRAINING! A separate post to follow...
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
yeah for posting again! We had fun today:) Let's do it again soon!
Love this. We are still right there with you on the bad dreams unfortunately. It's been going on since she was about that age and it seems to be getting worse actually, since I've been letting her watch more movies which I think plays into it. This week actually I had to go in and turn on all the lights, music and get out a story book to wake her up enough to snap out of it. Not fun.
And bite your tongue about the "sign" comment you posted on my blog missy!!
Post a Comment