Monday, June 7, 2010

27th month

A few things from the past month:

- He 'burps' after every drink he takes. Not real sure where he learned this (if anyone wants to confess, please do). He thinks it is funny. We have tried telling him no, but have since moved on to ignoring him. What do you do?

- Potty Training: a little lapse since we have come back from our FL trip (blog to come on that), but overall, still about 90% done with pee-pee.

- Fits: Good news first - the fits of getting out of the bath have stopped! YEA! Bed time fits are still 50/50, but I suppose it will be that way for years to come. Fits in public have shot up this month, awesome. Newest fits are when we get out of the pool, going to be a long summer.

It seems to work (sometimes) when we talk him through it before we stop whatever we are doing. If you start to say "no whining..." he finishes it "no crying, no fussing". All with a smile on his face. Although he still sometimes does it. Just part of this age I guess.

- Things we hear often: "I want to take a bathtub"; "I can't like that"; "me do it"; "no don't get me"; "its not nite time"; Me: John what do you want to eat? John: "papcanes" (pancakes) or "chicken and fres fries"

- Current favorites: Toy Story (we can't wait for June 18th when Toy Story 3 comes out!) movies and toys; drawing; reading; finger paints; being outside; swimming

- He loves to sing! He wakes up singing, he falls asleep singing, he sings in the car, while playing, in the bath, EVERYWHERE!. His current favorites are 'old macdonald', 'twinkle twinkle', 'muffin man', 'you are my sunshine' and 'abc'.

- When he is really trying to tell you something, he will take his time and give you this certain look, but he will look you in the eye and keep repeating himself until you understand. I love it.

- Everything seems to be getting easier when we leave the house. No more high chairs at restaurants (unless it is a long meal), or sippy cups, I rarely bring a change of clothes (which will bite me one day), no strollers, or toys. We just get in the car and go. Now, of course, long trips are a bit more involved, but overall, i have this under control.

- goes in eating spurts where he 'can't' like anything and I hardly get any food down him, to eating anything and everything I put in front of him. I do my best and offer mostly healthy choices, but sometimes I finally go with what the Dr. said.... He will eat when he is hungry. He does choose healthy things on his own....case in point.... We took him for ice cream on memorial day and he asked for almonds in his ice cream in the face of 20 jars of different candies!

- still plays with your ear or face when he is cuddling with you. :)

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Love the update! Sorry about the fits, but they are pretty normal, it seems to be learning to handle them that is the key and a work in progress because as you evolve so do they! I admit that I am not at all looking forward to round two of that, but glad B is, in large part, past it (hush, don't tell as I live in terror of beginning again). So excited to see you soon!

KC said...

Great update - I need to get back on mine! What is working for us right now on the fits - which I know will get worse since Ben is 7 months behind you - but what I have been doing is asking Ben to say Bye, Bye to whatever we have to stop. So the pool when we have to get out, we tell it Bye, Bye. When we pass parks in the car, we tell them Hi and Bye Bye. It seems to help him get it. And I play it up like, "We'll see you later, pool". Ha - I think I am going crazy.

P.S. The roller skating rink on my blog was up 35 in Lewisville,
http://www.interskate.net/home.cfm