1) I love every other Tuesday! My house is clean and I can focus on other things. I heard Jamie Lee Curtis speak once about a clean house and how "external housekeeping" allows us to turn our attention to the "internal housekeeping" within ourselves and we start to feel accomplished and settled. I think I agree with her. I always feel organized, energized and ready to tackle the day when my house is clean.
2) I think I added another regular to our recipe rotation. Simple meatball subs, but this is a good base recipe (I did not do the mini version, only used provolone slices and sauteed my onions first):
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mini-Meatball-Subs/Detail.aspx
3) Why are men so hard to buy for?!? I already have several ideas for the women in my life, but am totally stumped on 3 of the men. If any of you have an extra special gift idea that you are buying for a man in your life, share the wealth...
4) With Carl and John out of town on their camping trip this weekend - I was a MACHINE! I got so many things knocked off that "to-do" list that just never goes away. Although I missed them like crazy, it felt so good to be productive. (a separate post with pics to come on this trip)
5) I got a new camera lens! I am super excited about learning to use it and getting better at it. Watch out world!
6) Daylight savings went pretty well for us this year. No prolonged issues. Although in general he has started waking up a bit earlier. Which has helped prolong the nap! YEA! He is taking one more than he is not taking one. Today - 2.5 hours!
7) I picked up "Elf on a Shelf" at the bookstore. I am anxious to start it with John this season. I think he will totally grasp the concept of hopefully it will help with some of the behavior issues that come along with a 2 year and 9 month old. :)
8) John's newest questions or saying: "what do you think?" (showing me his drawing or something he built); "Whad you say?"; "Do you think that is a good idea?" (love this one!); "I did that 'yasterday'" (referring to some time in the past, although it could have been a week or more ago.
9) He is really into coloring right now. He does not stay within the lines yet, but you can tell that he knows there are lines and it is no longer just scribble. It is really neat to watch him progress.
10) Baby is in full movement, that is really all I have on the baby update - we need to get our bums in gear... it will be here before we know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























1 comment:
Jealous of your super productive weekend. Your comment about John's "yastaday" makes me laugh - K says "last day" to refer to yesterday, or any day in the past. It makes me laugh every time.
Post a Comment