Today was John's birthday party! We went bowling with all of his friends (with a little shark theme thrown in where we could). I have to admit that I was a bit nervous for a bunch of 3-5 year olds with heavy balls and slippery floors, but it was a hit!
The party started late because our host called in sick and it was a bit chaotic (which rose my blood pressure higher than it should have been), but once we got the bumpers up and the ramps out, everything was flowing perfectly. I would highly recommend a bowling party for a birthday.
The kids seemed to really like bowling, and I think the parents were the only ones that even knew that a score was being kept. :) John really wanted to be in the "party room" with the cake and pizza instead of bowling, but once we got him out, him and Daddy had a great time. I know he was super excited about the party, but for some reason when the time comes to start the party, we have a shy little kiddo that seems totally overwhelmed (same deal as last year).
After about 5 or 6 rounds, kids started dropping like flies to go play with the arcade games. So we started the pizza and cake in the party room. Pizza was plentiful and shark cake was great (highly recommend Target next time you need a birthday cake). John was so cute during the "happy birthday" song. He just looked down and shyly glanced up around the room every now and again. I cried as a I was video taping... such a cry baby!
After pizza and cake, kids started to disperse again to play in the arcade. The party wound down and we passed out the ocean coloring books and mini plush sharks as party favors.
One of my favorite parts was having Brendan, Maggie, Brent and Abbey there. This is the first birthday party that they have been able to come to. I did not get to spend much time with them, but we all appreciate them taking them the time to come down and share with us!
Overall, it was a fantastic day and we were so lucky to have the majority of his little friends there to help us celebrate. He has A TON of new toys, and I have already stashed a few away for some delayed gratification once Matthew gets here. :)
I did not get near as many pictures as I thought I had. Here are a couple. I know that Abbey, Brent and Bob were snapping pictures too, so I am anxious to see those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























3 comments:
Oh my! Such a fun time with a bunch of happy kiddos and parents to match. How do they get to be this grown up already when only last week they were an infant in your arms. Wonderful!
We had awonderful time and a lovely visit today. We did get to go to his first birthday party too and hope to share many more!
AHH! How could I forget that! I totally remember that and the picture of brent wearing the safari hat. I blame the pregnancy brain... (wonder how long I can use that after I give birth) :) Thanks for loving us!
Post a Comment