Monday, March 7, 2011

Our last few days as a family of 3

I wish I would have had the blog when it was our last few days as a family of 2, would have been drastically different than this I bet!

Carl and I have been working hard around the house and in the back over the last couple of months to get everything up and ready for John to be a big boy and for Matthew to join our family. I think we might have underestimated the time it would take to do all of these projects, but in looking back, I am so glad that we knocked it out. We were supposed to rest this past weekend, but it did not turn out that way.

This past weekend, we ran several errands including getting a dining table for out back. Not sure what it is with Carl and buying furniture right before babies join our family! I love the table and we will get SO much use out of it. We also ran around and picked up a few last minutes things for John's playroom and overall "stocking" of the house.

While John was awake he either helped us do our projects, or one of us would play with him and spend some QT. I know how precious it is and we are going to wish for more of it soon. We took some time out to go fly a kite for the first time in the park. Pretty successful, but needed just a tad bit more wind for longer flying times. Here are some pictures.



1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What fun days! You're right, it will never be the same, but it will be even better with four of you. You will wonder how you ever lived without your new boy on board. Sending prayers your way for the big day. Be happy.