Today is Matthew's one month birthday. I can not believe so much time has already passed!
As expected, Matthew is more awake now during the day than he was in the beginning, but is still a pretty good sleeper, especially at night. I am up and back down with him within 30 minutes. A far cry from John and I's hour long ventures when he was a baby.
Last night was probably the biggest change in our lives since Matthew joined us.... I moved him to his nursery. It was great, no problem at all! I had forgotten how much I love that nursery, the set up, the design, the lighting, the furniture, the chairs, the paint, the floors...EVERYTHING! Makes me happy to be in there and I thank Carl for making it so perfect.
John has stayed pretty much the same, possibly gotten a little worse with his attitude and lack of listening.... well... until yesterday that is! I am experimenting with the Love and Logic parenting book. I know I am not crazy, but I can already see a difference in 2 days. We still have a ways to go to get through this age/stage, but I am pleased and I think it is working. I will do a full blog on it next week.
I think Matthew has chunked up, especially in the face. He eats 3 hours to the minute almost every time, give or take 30 minutes once or twice a day. He poos and pees A LOT! So I know he is getting the goods. :) I do not think he really looks like any of the three of us, but I suppose he has more of my features. Brown or blue eyes is still up in the air, although if you look at John's 1 month picture, his are absolutly blue, so I am leaning towards brown.
He tolerates is swing and will take an afternoon nap in it if he is tired enough, but he does not live in it like John did. He likes to be on the floor and play and kick. Still no real smile yet, not for lacking of trying on my part!
The most frustrating part is the evenings, he is awake from the time John goes to sleep until the time that we go to sleep. And he is awake when John naps. So there really is no break for me from both of them at the same time. I know Matthew's schedule will constantly change, so I am trying to take it day by day for now. Next week I am going to do a "week in the life" series again and maybe be able to pin point some sort of pattern that I can slightly manipulate to help out this timing situation.



























3 comments:
What in the world?!? With his hat off, he doesn't look like ANY of you! When I cover up the top of his head I can see a bit of John, but without it he looks completely different. He is a cutie for sure. I think he's going to have brown eyes.
So cute!!! I think he has John's nose at 1 month - but he is definitely his own little independent self! Hang in there on the break - we were able to align Joe and Ben's nap time and sleep time pretty easily, but probably not until 2-3 months. But we totally stretched Joe out to meet up with Ben's afternoon nap (Kara and I both) and when Joe drops down to 1 nap, we will be moving Ben's up. Anyway - it will come and you will get a break again!
I can't wait to read more of your Love and Logic experiment - we need some new tricks with Ben. Just in the last week or two - man - it is trying right now in our house!
So cute! B loved the pictures and was delighted that Matthew was awake!
Post a Comment