Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy 2 Month Birthday Matthew!

In some ways, these past two months have flown by... in others... they have crawled. This age is so easy and so hard all at the same time. You really do not realize it until it is your second.

His 2 month well check up was good. Doc wants him out of the swaddle and swing. I started with the swing and the intention of dropping the swaddle tonight, but he got a 100.1 fever from the vaccinies, so I could not let him cry like that. He is up there swaddled and sleeping soundly.:)

So....he has a third nipple...yep...in the EXACT same place that his Daddy does (ooohhh I am in trouble for publishing that information). :) Pretty common apparently, I did not even notice it until he pointed it out to me. Changes from when John was 2 months old, they no longer give Tylonel with the vaccines. There was a study done that basically said that more vaccines were absorbed when no tylenol was given. BUT...he got a fever, so we gave him some tonight.

Nurse said that his eyes will not be brown, that they will be "colored"... I guess she has seen a lot of babies, but MAN do they look brown right now. We shall see.

He will smile and coo at us pretty good, but he is not grasping things all that well. Other than that, no major developments this month. I am going to do a seperate post on the sleeping later this week. That is really the biggest thing with him right now.

Here are his stats:
Weight: 12.3 (62%)
Height: 23 1/4 (61%)
Head: 15 3/4 (51%)

Compared to John at 2 months he is almost exactly the same. Matthew seems a lot chunkier to me, but maybe they carry it differently. I am projecting that John has more of Carl's body type while Matthew will have more of mine (poor kid).

Here are a few pics:




No comments: