Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Letters to my loves: Dear John

Dear John,

You are going through a rough time right now and all I want to do is make it better and help. You are almost 3.5 and a lot of changes are happening; you are not a fan. you have reverted back to potty problems, baby talk, insisting on being carried and fed and needing help with things you have mastered long before.

I know that you love us most and that is why you take out your frustrations on us. I am perfectly fine with that and I hope you will continue to always tell us how you feel. You will flat out say if you are happy or excited or mad or sad, even though your facial expressions are all anyone would need to see to know how you are feeling. You are not good at hiding emotions. (not that you should be I guess. :) )

No matter what though, you still are the sweetest little boy I know. Your heart is so good and you have so much love for the world.

If you had it your way Daddy and Matthew and I would be upstairs playing 24 hours a day. You love when we are all together, but are not afraid to ask Daddy or I to leave when you are enjoying some one on one time with the other.

Arts and crafts are one of your favorite things to do and you are an incredible artist. I hear compliments all the time on what a good colorer you are for your age. You should be considering how much you do it at home!

Right now you love to make and watch home videos on my iphone, you could do it for hours. You also LOVE to go swimming and you have gotten really good at it. You love your noodle, but will swim all around the pool without it too. You are working on diving to the bottom of the pool to get your toys right now. Getting you out of the pool continues to be a struggle.

Thank the good Lord you have not totally given up your nap, but you are well on the way. You take a nap about 5 out of 7 days, but those 5 days are SO much more pleasant in the evenings. :)

You love Matthew and are generally very concerned about him and ALWAYS want to help, but I think you are still pretty annoyed with him when I have to feed him or carry him, etc.

I truly miss you when we are apart and my heart instantly smiles when I see you. You give the best hugs and kisses and say the sweetest things at the most random times. You make laugh and cry harder than anyone else can. You are my sunshine!

No comments: