Monday, October 8, 2012

Matthew 18ish months

We had to wait a few weeks on his 18 month appointment to spread out the shots, so we are a little late in these stats.

Matthew Stats:
Height: 34 inches (87%)
Weight: 27 lbs 2 oz (64%)
Head: 19 inches (61%)
In comparison, here is John's at 18 months:
John Stats:
Height: 34.5 inches (94%)
Weight: 26 lbs 10 oz (54%)
Head: 19.25 inches (79%)


A few things about Mr. Matthew:

- We started MDO on Wednesdays. We have been 4 times now and this last time there were no tears, he was smiling and reached out to Ms. Karen! WOOHOO! He does not nap at school, bu apparently is quiet, so they are fine with it. Surprising enough, he functions pretty well the rest of the day with no nap. We all got a little cold on week 2 and then settled with MJ and he got a double ear infection from it. yeah.

- We also started a playgroup with the kids in his class on Tuesday mornings which is nice, so they get to see each other 2 times a week now. He does not play with the kids, but he acknowledges that they are there.

- Still not a lot of words, but communicates very well. If not with sign language, he will point or grab your hand and take you to what he wants. I am guessing those words will come in a flood real soon.

- He LOVES to do whatever John is doing, most of all run around and play tag. Although he has no idea what is going on, he just runs and screams and laughs.

- Starting to really get into coloring and asks to do it all the time.

- Really enjoys nursery rhyme/ toddler music on Pandora and when I sing silly songs to him.

- No interest what so ever in TV yet. Not that I care, I just assumed he would like it by now. :)

- Full blown Mama's boy, but less and less separation anxiety each and every time. Worst part is when I am cuddling with John, he will literally insert himself between us.

- Can dribble a soccer ball almost better than John!

- Eats like a champ, not really picky at all. Although I still do have to sneak veggies in where I can.

And finally, to quote the new movie "What to Expect When You Are Expecting". I love him so much I am afraid I will eat him!

LOVE THIS AGE!

No comments: