5:30 - Carl is up and getting ready for a meeting downtown and leaves before anyone is awake.
6:30 - I finally roll out of bed. blah. I wish I could start getting up early again! I fix John and Matthew's lunch and then go get him at 6:45 and carry him downstairs, plop him in the tower and we eat a bowl of cereal together, half asleep.
7:00 - start getting dressed and playing and getting ready for school. Today is "put your thinking caps on" for college week so they got to wear a college hat.
7:20 - I get Matthew out of bed and dressed and plop him in the tricycle. Out the door by 7:30. hugs and kisses and no tears at drop off! WAHOO! I am almost back home and realize I hooked the garage door opener on John's backpack. ARG. Somehow I did not have time to get dressed this morning, so I am still in PJ's and sunglasses even though it is cloudy, but I convince myself that as long as I don't take them off, I don't need to wash the mascara from under my eyes from the day before..... well.... to get back into the building you have to sign in at the front office and make nice then, walk all the way down the Kindergarten pod to the VERY LAST CLASS and pass every teacher along the way. A.W.E.S.OM.E. Fortunately John was already in his class and did not see me sneak in his backpack.
8:00 - Home and fix oatmeal for Matthew and he watches Paw Patrol while I shower and get ready. By the time I get ready and him ready, there is no time for any play, so I am feeling out of whack with priorities (although showering was a must). I still have had no coffee.
8:50 - Out the door feeling unglued, rushed, tired and sad because I did not play with either boy this morning. Matthew's drop off is a little more hectic than usual for several reasons that I won't list here, just one thing after another. He gets in and blows me a kiss good bye which makes it all better. He is a dolphin. I am not sure I ever posted his first day of school picture so here it is.
9:15 - Head to bible study and make a phone call that turns into tears and I quickly realize I am emotional and should probably not talk much at bible study today of fear of gushing. But who am I to follow my own advice, I ended up crying in front of the whole group about my inadequate feelings as a parent. I love my bible study and am so thankful to be able to do it every Tuesday. It always stirs my heart and leaves me feeling hopeful and blessed. This particular one is "Gideon, Your weakness, God's Strength". I feel convicted.
11:30 - RUSH out of bible study (the days without the boys always seem to be this rushed way) to meet Summer for lunch. So thankful for that too, I love her and miss her and wish we lived in closer proximity. However, I know that we are both in a season of life with small kiddos and a lot of scheduling that is out of our control. I know that we are life long friends and in another season of life I will see her more than once a month. Love you Summer!
1:00 - Go to Target, because what day is not complete without going there. I picked up some stuff for dinner and then a new water bottle for John, one of those collapsible ones. He does not take his water bottle to lunch with him because he is afraid he will lose it and it wont fit in his lunch box. I solved that problem. He was coming home everyday with headaches and I know it is because he goes all day without drinking one drop.
1:30 - Another phone call to discuss logistics of PTA and a few other events while picking up the house and going to get Matthew.
2:00 - Pick up Matthew to find out he is still taking his shoes off multiple times a day and not napping at all! Teachers want to ring his neck and cuddle him all at the same time. We come home and play for just a short while and then head to get bubba.
3:15 - We get home and I start to feel really down and out physically, it hit me like a ton of bricks. We settle on the couch together and all watch Paw Patrol and I may have dosed off a bit. I told the boys I was not feeling well and they got their doctor kit and took care of me and brought me water and ice packs, etc. LOVE THEM! We play or at least they do while I am being lazy.
4:30 - I am picking up the house and the boys are playing dinosaurs together. I start an early dinner because we have soccer practice. Chicken, carrots, avocado, kiwi and crackers for the boys, and a chicken salad with veggies for us.
5:30 - get ready for soccer and then drive the buggy down the street to practice, love the convenience of it! Carl meets us there. During practice Matthew plays with Elyse and his soccer ball. The last couple of times, Elyse has lowered her scooter and kind of taught Matthew how to ride and sure enough, today is totally did it on his own! He is good (notice in the video he says "I did it guys" at the end, he is so proud). John practiced pretty good I thought, but Carl said he was not paying attention and being disrespectful. Carl made him run to a tree and back one time and I really like that idea.
7:00 - we fit as many kids on the buggy as we safely can and drive them to their respective homes, it seems to be a highlight. :)
7:15 - home, bath, shower, read books, everyone in bed by 8. John's nugget for the night (to his Daddy and I am not supposed to know), is that he smashed Garret and Parker's head together at recess and it is a game called "good time guys". hmmmm......
8:00 - this blog and then nothing... really want to go to sleep early, will it happen?




























1 comment:
Love you too! Someday we will lunch leisurely on a weekly basis!
Post a Comment