Dear John,
I have discovered this year that you and I are very much alike and that explains a lot of our disagreements. Although there are a few traits I REALLY wished I would not have modeled for you, I would not change one single solitary thing about you. You are such a special boy with such an amazing mind and heart.
You are very sensitive to feelings and the things around you. Although you do choose to ignore it sometimes, you are always in-tune to what is happening (thus the "listening" arguments that we have). You are so observant and detail oriented. However, you are still a boy that does not mind a mess and cleaning and organizing your madness is not high on your list.
When you and Matthew play (sans fighting) you two are the best of friends and it lights up the world for me. I let you guys pretty much get away with anything you want at that point because I love seeing the peace and the joy that blossoms. :)
School has brought so many new things to your life, mostly good. You have become more independent and a bit more social, as well as a bit more mischievous. Even though every time I look up you are exhibiting your independence in some way, you still need Daddy and I very much. You are a homebody, and would choose to stay at home with just us over pretty much anything else. I love that you still need us and I know I am going to miss that the day I realize it is gone. As far as being social, you have expanded your circle to include your sports team and a few people in your class, but I only see you truly comfortable around your core buddies. School has introduced you to bullies, but no personal run ins so far.
School has brought you new skills and knowledge that are incredible to me. I have a whole new respect and love for teachers. You can read and write and spell and draw and interpret the world in a whole new way. You bust out with things that amaze me constantly! No more spelling during conversations when we are trying to hide stuff from you, or making up what something says on TV or a magazine or billboard, etc. It makes for some interesting conversations.
You have definite spurts of maturity that show up amongst the little boy fits and attitude. You are very helpful and mindful of the rules (of which you keep 90% of the time), you can be so thoughtful and kind hearted. I can tell that you really feel good inside when you make someone happy, you are just GOOD TO THE CORE!
You brighten our world and are a blessing beyond anything we could imagine. You make both Daddy and I better parents and better people. We love you more than you could possibly understand (until you have children and feel that same love, anyway!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment