Saturday, October 25, 2008

On the hunt again....

As much as I LOVE being a WAHM, with John's mobility increasing in leaps and bounds (literally) it has become virtually impossible for me to work except when he is napping. And although his naps are pretty solid, by the time I respond to emails and get settled into working on a project, I hear his precious voice....

Thanks to Nana and Grandpa - I have the opportunity to go into the office on Tuesdays which is a win, win, win for everyone! To meet the demand from work, we decided to look into a nanny/sitter for one more day a week. After screening and searching (via http://www.gonannies.com/) we found Emily. She has been coming on Thursdays to watch John while I work. It has worked out fabulously! Now, I can focus on work during designated work hours and focus on our family every other minute. She has been great with John, I always hear them laughing and playing and she was able to get John down for both naps the first time she was here without me coming up to help. I was so lucky to find her. However, she has found a full time job at a local daycare and she has given me her 2 week notice. I knew this was a possibility from the beginning, but I am sad to see her go. She has offered to watch John on nights and weekends as needed, so it is nice to have that option.

I am glad that we lucked out with Emily, because now I have something wonderful to compare these girls to as they come to the house for interviews. So - we are on the hunt again....

1 comment:

Summer said...

Stink! But you're right, it's great that you have someone to compare the potential hires to. Good luck with your search!