Thursday, November 20, 2008

Love Thursdays: Pictures

Today we had our 9 month professional pictures with Jonnye , so it is fitting to talk about how much I LOVE pictures! I have taken the opportunity to update slide shows and pictures on this blog - see slide shows to the left and then at the VERY bottom for slides of our wedding. Thanks to Summer's blog, I stumbled upon a new website for slide shows that are really cool http://www.slide.com/.

I am obsessed with pictures, even more so now because John changes with every passing day. I could (and often do) look at the same picture albums every day of the week and never get tired of it. In fact, most of the time I find new things in the pictures each time. Some would say I over analyze...okay, so all of you would say this. But I can not not help it, I look at every detail in every picture.

I used to be so picky, that I would only find a select few that I could live with and not ever really "love" any of them, as there was always something that could be better. However, ever since I discovered "journalistic" style photography and we had Bob Sutton (link) shoot our wedding pictures, my idea of "a good picture" has relaxed. Now I think capturing the world as it is and letting the pictures tell the story and set the mood is what makes a good picture.

I truly believe that taking pictures is a difficult and beautiful talent, and sadly, one I do not have. I think that Carl and Granddaddy both have this talent. In fact, I still think about the basic stuff that Granddaddy (my Daddy) taught me when I take pictures today (see Daddy, you only THOUGHT I wasn't listening).

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I totally agree and so love the pictures! (Can't see the new ones as the link is broken?)

Jamie said...

I won't have the new ones for awhile. I meant to link to her website - I knew I would do it wrong. :) will work on that.