Monday, November 10, 2008

One Big Happy Family

Carl, John and I got the incredible chance to have both of our families together this weekend for a fun filled day of Sooner football. Bob and Carolyn drove their motor home to Edmond and hosted a fabulous tailgate party at Arcadia lake and invited my whole family. I am not sure they really knew what they were in for with all of us! We had a crab boil and homemade gumbo and a desert table that was to die for!

The motor home is beautiful and I think we broke it in with some great memories and few stains! The weather was perfect and the location was ideal. They thought of everything! We had 4 TVs, tables and chairs for us all, a quilt and tent for the kids, wagons, a playground a few steps away, a campfire, and a whole lot of fun!

I have to confess - I did not watch one play of the game - NOT ONE! This was not my intention at all, but there was just so much going on and so many little ones to keep us busy. The die hards settled in the lawn chairs and I heard yelling and high fiving pretty often, so I kept track of the game that way.

As I have discussed in past entries, John is hardly ever fussy unless he is tired or hungry. However, on Saturday he had 'the crank' turned on higher than normal...well...sure enough Sunday his other top big tooth popped through. So I apologize for his antisocial behavior, but rest assured he is feeling much better.

There are so many stories to tell, but I think the pictures do a good job capturing the day. I especially LOVE the ones of John attacking Brendan; the one of Carl and John cuddled up in a monkey hat and football blanket around the campfire after a long day of fun; Great Granddaddy pulling the wagon; the one of John and Chris in their respective orange and red; all the attempts of getting all the kids in one picture AND looking at the camera (IMPOSSIBLE!) and of course the ones of my mom throwing the football, her quarterback skills are as about as good as her volleyball skills!

Thank you to Bob and Carolyn and thank you to everyone who came! We love you all and are always looking forward to the next time!

PS - if you are looking for the specific pictures of John and the infamous "bottle" - they are not included as I do not want to have DHS called on us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

An incredible day! Bob and Carolyn are officially tailgate pros. Every detail was covered. Thanks so much to you both.

You're right, Jamie, football might not be my sport either. I'm going to try tennis.

Summer said...

Hah! I LOVE the 2 pics in a row where it looks like John is just YELLING at who I assume is Brendan in the green wagon. The second one it looks like he's hitting him. Hilarious action shots.

Abbey said...

We had a wonderful time and loved getting to be with everyone! So interesting to see another mom's perspective of their kid being cranky. I thought he was just lovely and so enjoyed getting the hang out. I find I too often think B is being difficult and others think he's perfectly fine. All about perspective I suppose. Glad the other tooth is here and hope to see you soon!