I am amazed every day at the learning I watch happening before my eyes. John gets smarter every day and it is so much fun! I now know what it is like to claim that every age is my favorite age.
He is a little over 9 months and is a sponge. You can literally see the learning on his face - when he drops something he looks down at it with a bit of confusion and then looks up at you like "did you not see that? why are you just sitting there?". Or when the microwave will beep, he looks at me like "what was that? come on Mom, we need to go find it" and then off he goes to find where the noise came from. Or when the dogs bark he sits up so straight and makes a sound like he is startled and then remembers that it usually means Daddy is home, so he stands up and turns his head towards the door and starts smiling and talking. He has not only learned, but perfected the act of pulling on my pant leg when he wants me to pick him up, he knows I can not resist it. And to my dismay, he has learned that the remote control relates to the TV and will literally point it at the TV and talk about it. And then of course, when he pushes a button on a toy, or does something that he thinks is cool, he looks up and waits for his "YEAH" and clapping from whomever is watching.
It is so much fun because he is starting to play WITH us. For so long we have been trying to entertain him - but the tables of have turned and he now entertains us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
I love your new family picture on your header. Such a great picture. I like this post, too. So true how much they learn, and so quickly. Sponge is a perfect word for it!!
Oh so much fun! I think K was about that age when she started with the remote control thing too. It made me feel bad, but not as bad as now when she's running toward the living room demanding "deep deep" ("TV"). She only gets one 30 min video a day, but man she loves it!! And I'm not gonna lie, momma loves the relief it provides too!
Post a Comment