After several weeks of practicing walking and really only letting go of the furniture/wall/etc. with encouragment; John decided it was time for some independence!
He walks every where now, it is about the cutest thing EVER! Sure, it is more like a penguin waddling, but it is all his own.
I never realized that the concept of one foot in front of the other was difficult, until we tried to do the "skill of the week" at Little Gym, which was walking (assisted of course) on a balance beam. He was having none of it. We took more than our share of turns on the beam becuase I kept getting back in line to practice. But it paid off - the last time down the beam, he was putting pressure on his legs and putting one foot in front of the other!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
That's amazing! I'm so excited for him as he discovers his world all over again!
Oh yay big boy! Now he will make you come meet me at the Galleria to run around the play place! ;-)
Post a Comment