I have noticed that we do not call John by his name much, I am suprised he knows it! We typically use his name when we are trying to get his attention or when we are trying to get him to stop doing something, but that is really it.
The list of other names is getting pretty long and varies from mood and person:
- Bubbie (a mixture of baby and bubba; this one has been around for awhile and probably Nana's pick)
- Bubba (to Granddaddy's dismay)
- John John (I noticed this one at Christmas from his Uncle Brent)
- JRJ (I only really use this one when I am typing his name)
- John Ryan (used more frequently as a baby, but has since gone away except in those rare instances of total surprise or shock by me)
- sugar bean (it is what it is)
- baby boy
- tootsers morphed to scootsers(not sure of the origin or why we are keep calling him this)
- monkey (probably the most popular for Carl and I; and often followed by a "butt" or a "boy")
- angel (this is the flavor of the week; but the most fitting!)
I don't anticipate any of these sticking - but you never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























7 comments:
Confused by the last one? Assuming you meant angel? Unless he is very pointy at the corners?
Darn spell check won't pick up what I MEANT to say.
Hey Jamie! I found your blog while I was blog surfing...which is a terrible habit and waste of time, but that's not the point :) John is precious and I'm glad I found your blog. I'll be checking back to see what else he is doing!
Lisa - good to hear from you! blog surfing is great - I assume the common link was the Liners which went to the Keiths?
I add your family blog to our list.
B has had many nicknames too -- in utero he was "sqirmy mckickypants" to us and we had a little trouble transitioning after. He is often B, but has many others (little one, sweet boy, lil'b, etc...) and I concur that we call him by name nearly the least of all, but he seems to grasp it. Odd, but amazing.
Oh, Jamie... when you said you were a blogger... I had NO idea that you were a PROFESSIONAL!! Your blog is amazing! I really enjoyed the slide shows of John!
Great to see you today and meet John and Carl. :) April (Hofstadter)
Ummm...they will stick until one day when he looks at you and says "I not Monkey-Butt, I John!!!" Or at least this has been my most recent experience! We, too, have several nick-names but are no longer permitted to use them unles it just happens to slip by the Princess. (BTW-Princess Kaedyn is acceptable.) We have called Kaedyn "Tatey" almost since birth...Kaedyn turned into Kaders, then Kader-Tater, then Tater then Tatey. My mom calls her "Katey-boo". Until recently when she has said, "I not Tatey, I Daedyn!" (She is having a little trouble with the K sound...) Love the post-I think most of can relate! Ha!
Post a Comment