Wednesday, June 17, 2009

John's first "hair cut"

John's hair is long in some places but still filling in on top of his head, so I was putting off the hair cut a long as I could. Well, it seems I gave in. He had a few pieces of hair hanging in his eyes, quite a bit of hair over his ears (Daddy's pet peeve) and the back was starting to resemble a mullet again..so off we went...

Carl said I scared the lady and she did not want to cut it, so she just trimmed a little bit here and there and just charged us for a bang trim! It does not even look like he got a hair cut! I am not sure how to tell them what I want, because I am not sure what I want his hair to look like just yet. I think we should wait until it fills in more and see what it does naturally before giving it a "style". Apparently I am getting my way. :)

Nonetheless, John did great, they had all sorts of distractions and Daddy held a sucker in his mouth (first time) and he was pretty content. It only took all of 2 minutes for our "hair cut".

See pics below.
BEFORE:

BEFORE:





AFTER:

2 comments:

Summer said...

Too cute! I really do like the mullet pic from before though. He's at the age where he can still get away with it since he's so darn cute.

jcarr said...

What a handsome boy! I think you are doing the right thing keeping the trims light! The minute you give him a true "cut", he will look like a Big Boy! Just keep the fly-aways out of his eyes and ears and the "mullet" to a minimum and you are good! ;) And that is my "PROFESSIONAL" opinion! Another hint for the future, when talking to him about trimming his hair, don't use the word "cut". Use "trim" or "fix". A lot of kids get scared when they hear cut because they think it will hurt! We are constantly telling them "Don't touch! It might cut you!" Just another "professional" hint! I have seen it happen...