Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Did Kaedyn sneak a message to John?

I have to wonder if Kaedyn sent a secret message to John sometime during his first birthday party...

She dropped her nap EARLY on during her 3.5 years of life - yes, you read that right, she does not nap and she does not need it.

I believe that John is going to follow in her footsteps. Everyone kept telling me that once we dropped to one nap (around 11 months, yes, 11) that it would slowly get longer and longer... UH...NO! Anything over an hour is a bonus for John. BUT, he does not need it, he very seldom shows his 'crank' late at night or even before nap. He thrives on little sleep during the day. However, he sleeps a solid 12-13 hours at night, sometimes giving us until 9:00am before he joins us. 99.9% of the time, I wake up on my own before being startled by the baby alarm. So, I can not complain!

I KNOW he did not get his information from Brendan, as Brendan naps 3 to 4 hours a day and I have seen the kid wake up at 5:00 at night and STILL go to sleep at 7:30 or so. AMAZING! I honestly hope this carries over for Baby Girl Richards for Brent and Abbey's sake.

I love my little bundle of energy!

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I just can't fathom this... glad it is working for him though, but would make things tougher on the parents I would thinks.

jcarr said...

Ha! I would certainly never wish this on anyone! ;) But, I must admit, I love that Kaedyn sleeps in later! I am just glad it is not affecting his "mood". You might notice that at times during "growth spurts" he will take naps. Every once in a while this happens with Kaedyn but only if it catches her "off guard"! When I first started reading, I was afraid he had gotten ahold of some scissors! ;)