I am doing another chapter of the "This Week" journaling project that I started when he was 8 months old. His schedule has changed quite a bit since then, so I though it was time. (For those of you that are interested in comparison, the first chapter was done in October 2008)
7:30 - I hear John mingling with his monkey. He basically just goes through each word in his growing vocabulary. I give him until about 7:40 before I go in there. He likes his wake up time. Then we play a little in his room.
8:00 - After pulling out all the toys that we put up the night before, he finally tells me he is hungry. He eats a banana and some oatmeal.
8:30 - We cuddle and watch Sesame Street.I Cherish this time!
9:00 - run a quick errand.
9:30 - play inside and outside, it was a beautiful day.
10:30 - Shannon brings Ryann and Cal over to play. We pulled the bounce house out and all three kids were in it and loving it...for about 5 minutes, then they were 'all done'
11:15 - Head to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and games. We had a great time, despite some fun rule breaking (see pictures) :)
12:30 - Home in time for a quick change, a book and then nap. He was asleep by 1:00 or so.
1:00 - 3:00 - Mom time! I was able to do the typical chores around the house, catch up on emails and I got to watch 'baby story'!
3:00 - I hear John waking up (this is an unusually long but welcomed nap), I go up there and we read books and cuddle for a bit.
3:20 - turn the music on in the bedroom and dance while we fold laundry (Daddy started this little game). Then we play a bit.
3:45 - snack at the learning tower (peaches and milk)
4:00 - play upstairs (mainly with Elmo Live and the tee ball stand)
4:45 - Daddy comes home and surprises us! We all three play upstairs for a bit, and then we head downstairs to start dinner and play.
5:15 - Daddy takes John to the bounce house while I finish up dinner.
5:45 - Eat a Cornbread Taco Bake (basic tex mex ingredients with cornbread on top). This was the first time we tried this and we all three liked it. It will enter the dinner rotation.
6:15 - John and I walk down to the park with the soccer ball (I worry that he slept so long that he will not sleep, so I wanted to wear him out!) I took a bunch of pictures. Zach, our little neighborhood friend, came up and took the ball. Look at John's stance when he does6:45 - Play 'peek-a-boo barn' on my iphone, while Daddy and I watch a little baseball.
7:00 - Bath (still loves the bath)
7:20 - John asks for some milk, we hang out in the living room and play different games with Daddy.
7:45 - Daddy take John to start bedtime routine (diaper, PJ's, teeth, book, pass off to Mama)
8:00 - John and I kiss Daddy goodnight, sing a song and say a prayer. I rock him for a minute or so, lay him down and put my hand on his back for another minute or so. Then I head out, he whines about it, but then is sound asleep within a minute.
8:10 - Mama and Daddy time
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day - full of action! This is a good idea to do - I already find that I am forgetting details like this.
We just started playing Peek a Boo Barn today - it's been a hit so far.
I love the park - I wish we had a nice spot so close.
Post a Comment