Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let it go

Through all of my team environments and working experience, one of THE hardest things for me to do is let go and let someone else do it. I fully admit that this is not the best attitude to have for several reasons, but it is what it is! :)

However, when it comes to John, I have a whole different outlook and it has really helped me to change my ways. As he is growing up and exploring his world he has to not only figure out things for himself, but doing it differently than Mama is OK!

Don't get me wrong, there has been several times I have had to hold back "THE YELLOW ONE GOES ON BOTTOM!" or "THE SQUARE WON'T FIT IN THE TRIANGLE HOLE!" or "ELEPHANTS ARE NOT GREEN, TAKE THE GREY CRAYON!"

I am not sure what kind of "thinker" he is, but I love to see him learn and grow. And I love to let it go and see his interpretation.

5 comments:

Summer said...

LOL, totally with you on this one. I can just hear you or me saying any one of those things. I've found this is esp true as the power struggles around 2 hit, you are better to just let them struggle with it (if you aren't in a hurry) than to risk the inevitable meltdown that occurs when they "WANT TO DO IT ALL BY MYSELF!!!"

Abbey said...

We are definitely in "let me do it myself" land here. Brent is a pro at sitting back and waiting. I keep trying to "help" but know the big help is letting them learn. Yo
u'll find a good balance for you, I'm sure.

Audra said...

May I just say I love your Sooner spirit even in these trying times for Sooner Fans, way to stay positive!

jcarr said...

This is sooo funny! Yes, sit back and enjoy the green elephants and the purple ducks!:) Of course, I tend to color my elephants pink and Ethan has always corrected ME and told me they are grey!;) Kaedyn tends to agree with my pink....interesting to watch them grow and discover.

Nana said...

Oh Jamie...I am STILL doing that with Carl!!!!