John has a true love for stuffed animals of any kind! Back to back weekends in September we visited 'Land' and 'Sea' to get John up close and personal with the live version. Seaworld post in the works.
We took him on a local safari at the Sharkarosa Wildlife park in Pilot Point Texas. (If anyone local is reading this, you should go! It is about 30 minutes North for Frisco and only $8/tckt, under 2 free). We walked around and saw all the small animals up front including, capuchin monkeys, lemurs, deer, african porcupine, kangaroos and wallabies. We even got to pet a baby kangaroo and lemur.
Then we got on a safari choo-choo train and went out to feed the big animals. The train was open on all sides and the buckets of food were literally 6 inches from us. These huge animals would come up and we got to pet them as they ate (expect we could not touch the camels; apparently they spit and it smells). I thought this was so super cool! I have never seen anything like this, we were literally up close and personal! We saw Clydesdale horses, camels, zebras, buffalo, emus, lamas, pot belly pigs, and a half zebra half horse! There were a lot more that I do not remember, but it was SO COOL.
John's was more than a bit hesitant with all of this, but I truly believe he liked it. He had his thumb in his mouth the entire time, except once I think we got him to reach out to a camel. He got to pick out his own souvenir, and of all the stuffed animals that he did not have yet, he picked another monkey! The minute we got in the car he was saying "llama". I know he liked it, but he gets so shy when it comes to something new. I think as long as we keep exposing him to new things he will come out of this shell in his own time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
His love of stuffed animals amazes me as B is COMPLETELY uninterested in them and always has been.
The inside his shell thing is a very familiar story. Thinking about it today though it occurs to me that he has improved since he was John's age and is a little bit more out there so I'm sure you're right that in time they'll make the move.
I am excited to check this place out - thanks for the review :-)
Post a Comment