Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seaworld

We will be making Seaworld a regular trip! I loved it and I am pretty sure everyone else did too! It was sort of like the safari day, where John seemed sort of out of it the whole time, but I know he loved it. I can tell by the way he reacts to his new stuffed mammals/souvenirs (whale, 3 penguins and a dolphin). And he INSISTS on reading his whale book every night, nothing else will do.

We flew down with John on Friday, it was only a 45 minute flight, easy! He played with the window shade most of the time and then games/videos on the iphone. Once we landed, Nana and Da were there to swoop us up and head over to the RV. The park was literally 2 minute drive to the front gate of Seaworld, it was THE way to go!

After nap and lunch, we headed out for John's favorite dinner.... Mexican! After dinner, we headed home and tried to go down for an early night, but John had other plans....I think he was finally asleep around 10:30 or so, but was up and ready to go in the morning! I did not get a picture of it, but I bought this zip up travel bed thing. I recommend it for when you have limited space, although I think it is meant for a little smaller baby, it was perfect because John loves to curl up.

Saturday morning, after breakfast, we headed out to park. I of course had looked up the schedule and all the exhibits and had a general plan for the day (no I am not horrible to travel with!). Only to find out that the online show schedule was not updated! I panicked to myself for a split second and then moved on :). We spent the morning walking around to all the exhibits, we fed the dolphins, went through the shark tanks, bought flip flops for Nana, saw the alligators, fed the ducks, and lastly went to see our friend Pete the penguin.

Especially after lack of sleep, we headed to the RV for lunch and nap. I seriously had to dance him to the car to keep him awake. After nap - back to Seaworld.

We practically RAN to the dolphin show because I was BOUND and DETERMINED John was going to see that show! :) It was full of acrobatics with a little dolphin thrown in. It was okay, but I think I was expecting more. John stood on the bleachers or in one of our laps and sucked his thumb, but reacted when the dolphins went away; he wanted them to come back. He has never sat still for 30 minutes, so I am pretty sure he was into it.

Next up - SHAMU!

After Daddy poured water on his head and cooled him off a bit, I think John was more comfortable. When we got into the show, John sucked his thumb and starred at the all the people (I like to people watch too). Once the whales came out, he loved it, he laughed and pointed and kept saying "more" when they would go under water, etc. His reaction to Shamu was worth it all!

As soon as we got back to the RV, he was himself again. I am not sure if it was the heat or all the new things and the crowds that had him overwhelmed, but I was glad to see a smile on his face. He was back to normal in the RV; hats off to Nana and Da for making it so comfortable and easy!

We flew home on Sunday, another event less flight, he is such a good little flyer!

Here are some pics.

No comments: