Monday, January 25, 2010

23 months

A few things from this last month:

- My favorite age! He is so much fun and makes us laugh!
- In the last 2 weeks, I have seen a lot of change in his physical appearance. And that says a lot considering I see him every day. He looks more and more like a little boy in the face, he is taller and thinner (looks like a starved orphan when he wakes up in the morning), his hair is getting thicker, etc. (just crossed my mind that I should probably make sure his shoes still fit and that I am not cramming them in to a size too small, eek!)
- Although his language gets better and better every minute, there are a couple words he keeps in his language; "doot" = do it, "op" = open, "bay and Kayee" = Bailee and Kallie, "cap cks" = pancakes, "asslepas" = apple sauce, "bikacycle" = bicycle.
- Said his name for the first time
- Favorite things: Backyardigans, dinosaurs, animals, Diego, the park.
- Favorite word: mine
- Jumped from a standing position for the first time(both feet off the ground at the same time). This is a big physical development.
- He says 'sorry', 'thank you', 'please', and 'bless you'; although not always at the appropriate time and not without a little reminder from me sometimes. But nonetheless is super cute and melts my heart every time.
- Nothing really new with food or sleeping, he goes in phases with both.
- He is 'reading' books much more now. He has a great memory! But still loves to sit and have someone read the same book over and over and over and over....
- Two phrases we are trying to break "go away" and "get out", both of which come from Carl and I talking to the dogs... oops....

No comments: