Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ten on Thursday (for the "ten on tuesday" procrastinators)

I truly THINK about doing a Ten on Tuesday every week, but before I know it... it is Wednesday. Here is a procrastinator version.

1) Found a new recipe blog that I linked to on the left. "Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour".
Some of the dinners I looked at do not necessarily focus on health, but are good recipes to have around when you are in a pinch. Fast and easy dinners. Some of her deserts and appetizers look pretty good too. I tried the jalapeno sliders - on a scale from 1 to 10, I would give it an 8 to serve at a football party and a 7 for dinner. Trying another one tonight.

2) Johns bed comes today!!! We are planning on moving him into his room on Sunday night. I have not posted pictures because I want it to be done first... but it is greatness! Carl is one handy man!

3) Work has been CRAZY! The guy that works for me quit... I could go on and on about it, but I will not. I will say that for about 2 weeks, I was working so much and did not realize it was effecting John. Well, it was. He totally regressed in potty training and was saying things to Daddy like "Mama does not like me anymore" and "Mama is mad at me". BROKE MY HEART! Once I put two and two together, I stopped working so much on my days with him, and he went back to his normal self within days. I guess it is an eye opener of what could be to come when Matthew gets here.

4) C-section is scheduled for March 9th at 10:00am. This was the only day that the combination of the Dr. that delivered John and the hospital I want to deliver at would work. It is the day that my Grammy passed away in 2002, but I look at this as a direct blessing from her!

5) I replaced all the pictures in my house; it was about time! The latest one of John was his 18 month pictures. But, I know I am going to turn around and do it again when the pictures of Matthew come, oh well. I have noticed that I am not in a lot of pictures, may need to hand the camera to Daddy every once in a while. :) (although half the time I am sure I am purposely hiding behind the camera)

6) Carl and I are both in major nesting mode! His presents itself in construction projects around the house, which I LOVE! Mine is more of the organization and cleaning mode. Between the two of us, if Matthew waits until March 9th, this house will be in tip top condition with some cool new rooms!

7) Need to catch up on blog reading - I apologize, it has been several weeks...

8) I am loving making frames as taught to me by Abbey (blog entry). I actually have been experimenting and have found that wrapping paper is pretty easy to use. It does show a few more bubbles, but with the right print, it still looks great. Makes it SUPER easy to file off. If you are looking for a personal gift idea or a fun craft to do with your girlfriends, I highly suggest this.

9) Random thought: My niece Maggie and I share something that no one else in my immediate family does... we both have summer birthdays. Every other person on my side of the family and Carl's side of the family have January, February or March birthdays. Maggie and I's birthday parties can be planned outside, so there!

10) Matthew is a MOVER! I am not sure what that will translate into when he joins us. He is CONSTANTLY on kicking or hitting or both. I think he stretches out completely in there because when he moves, I feel it from top to bottom. I love it because I know he is good, but at 3:00 in the morning, it makes it a bit hard to sleep.

No comments: