Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1) John's new word is "Heeeeeeyyyyyy" to just about everything. Picture a little scowl on his face. Pretty funny.

2) John and I listen to the Wee-sing Bible Song CD in the car and I love it. He asks to hear his "Jesus songs". Love him!

3) Registration for his school next year is tomorrow. I am going to suck it up and pay the fee to secure our spot here, but am planning on standing in line in February to get him into another school that we want him to be in. He only has 2.5 years of preschool left. That seems weird to me. I feel like he should have like 6 left. :)

4) Carl got his birthday present early and we have a 3d TV now. It is pretty cool! John likes to wear his "special glasses". We have only watched movies on it so far, but tonight there is a basketball game being broadcast in 3d. I can only imagine what they will come up with next.

5) Today is the funeral for Chris and Jenny (Goodpasture) Stigler. I have not been able to get them off my mind since Christmas Eve. I think about them and their surviving baby every day. It makes me stop and squeeze John tighter and tell Carl how much I love them. It gives things a new perspective, I suppose that is the silver lining for me. I will also say that I am so glad I have kept this blog....if anything was to happen to me, at least John and Matthew would have something that would give them a glimpse of me and my thoughts. I know that sounds morbid, but it is what it is.

6) I made a to-do list yesterday - I am not kidding - it went to almost 2 full pages.... better get to cracking, I think nesting as settled in.

7) Carl's close of business for 2010 is today!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I know there are still busy times in the next month or so, but for the most part.... WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) So excited about making some picture frames this weekend! Thanks Abbey for the awesome ideas and instructions.

9) John is so skinny! SO SKINNY! I want that boy to fatten up. The Doc says it is nothing to be concerned about and it will probably be this way or worse until he is 4.5. still in 2T pants, but they are getting to short now. Even the adjustable waist 3T pants will have to be cinched up so tight it will look like I put a sack on him.

10) John loves his "big blue bicycle" that Santa brought him and he will tell anyone who will listen all about it. BUT - the boy will not ride it! I think it is because when he peddles backwards, the brakes kick in and he can't move. I saw him on his tricycle and he looks like he goes backwards for about 1/2 a turn to get his feet positioned right to go forward.... since he can not do that on this, he gets frustrated and gets off. As soon as the weather will allow, I think I am going to have Garrett over and see if he will ride it for him, then John will be all about it!

No comments: