Long post, but I want to remember these days. The rest of the week will probably not go into too much detail if I already covered it. :)
Monday:
6:30 - Carl is up. Normally, I would get up with him, but I was sleeping hard last night. I even caught myself sleep walking twice! Once I caught myself on the stairs, thinking that I was taking Matthew a piece of paper. SCARY!
6:45 - Matthew wakes up, thank goodness because I forgot it was a school day. Feed him and swaddle him back up for a short morning nap.
7:05 - 7:40 - Matthew is squeaking away for about 15 minutes, but finally falls asleep. I am packing John's lunch (PB and honey sandwich, strawberries and blackberries, honey graham crackers, string cheese), getting myself ready (thank goodness for showering last night, otherwise, it would not have happened this morning!)
7:40 - 7:50 - I go up to wake up John. I love this time because I know it will go fast, but on mornings that we are in a hurry, it is a bit frustrating. John wakes up slow and likes to cuddle in bed for a bit. If and when we hurry that kid, he is C.R.A.N.K.Y. But it is some quality time with just him and me, even if it is only 10 minutes. I make a game out of getting dressed so it is not accompanied by a fit.
7:50 - 8:05 - Dinosaur oatmeal with some dolphin and cow sprinkles added. Breakfast normally takes longer, but he ate pretty quickly this morning.
8:05 - 9:00 - Get Matthew up and changed. Matthew then plays on his little play mat thingy while John is coloring in his super hero coloring book. I talk John into coming out front to take a few pictures of his new haircut. Then we get in the car and get going. Drop John off at school with a smile!
9:00 - 9:30 - Matthew is a bit fussy, so we walk, change diapers, rock and then the swing and a pacifier seem to settle him for bit. I pick up the kitchen, check and respond to emails, work on a project, start typing this blog, and eat a bowl of cereal.
9:50 - 10:15 - go upstairs to feed him in the nursery. I LOVE that room.
10:15 - He is so tired, so I lay him in his Moses basket. He immediately wakes up and is sqeaking and grunting I give it 10 minutes, but he is still awake so I hold the pacifier for 3 minutes and he is OUT!
10:30 - I cut all the veggies for dinner tonight, pump, pick up the house, laundry, work on my project, etc. School days are really good because I feel like I can catch up while Matthew sleeps.
12:30 - He wakes. Change diaper. Eat. Fall back asleep
1:20 - Apparently he just wanted a cat nap. We play on the floor, take pictures and then get ready to go get John from school.
2:00 - Pick up John. As soon as we get home, Matthew wakes up (will not sleep in his car seat if we are sitting still), but then immediately back down in his swing. John and I open all the eggs from his Easter egg hunt at school. Then we played out front and out back for a little bit. When we were out back a simple stick was a gun, a sword and a fishing pole! If I only had half the imagination he does! He also found a lady bug and loved on that for awhile (poor bug).
3:20 - Matthew wakes up and we all head upstairs. I hold Matthew while John cooks us some soup in his kitchen.
3:45 - 4:15 - Matthew eats and I clip his finger nails (not my favorite task). John is upstairs all the while feeding all of his dinosaurs and playing dragon battle.
4:15 - 4:45 - John continues to play upstairs (this long is a bit rare for him to play by himself, but he was having fun) while Matthew is on a blanket on the floor kicking and playing. I think I captured his first smile on camera. He loves the lights and shadows in the afternoon from the trees out back. I am making dinner, while running over to play and talk with Matthew every few minutes.
4:45 - 5:30 - this is probably my favorite part of the day. John comes downstairs and the three of us play on the floor together. We read several books and sang songs and danced. Then John picks the children's devotional story book. The story he wanted to read was about Grizzly bears and how the Mama teaches them things. At the end it asks the question of "What do you think God wants you to learn" - John answers "to be kind". Warms a mother’s heart!
5:30 - swing time for Matthew, TV time for John, dinner time for Mama.
5:50 - 6:15 - Daddy gets home, we sit down to eat. (Vegetable meatloaf and green salad with strawberries and almonds. John has the meatloaf, carrots, apples and a whole wheat bagel thin with honey) Matthew wakes up and I sit and cuddle with him on the chair.
6:15 - 7:00 - I take John for bath and Carl gets some Matthew time. He is awake and cuddling on the couch.
7:00 - I go upstairs to start bedtime with Matthew. Change diaper and into PJ's, use the nasal aspirator (the kids has some serious snot issues), feed him, swaddle him, cuddle for a few minutes, lay down in bed and hold pacifier for about 5-10 minutes, slowly c.r.e.e.p. the pacifier out of his mouth.
Carl and John play and then head to bed about 7:20.
7:45 - MATTHEW IS DOWN. This is the fastest yet, hope this is sign for things to come! Carl starts his work out. I go into John's room and go through our bedtime routine - My prayers, John's "turn to talk to God" (tonight he blessed his baby brother), songs and then cuddle and talk for a few minutes.
8:00 - downstairs to start the pick up process AGAIN because the cleaners are coming tomorrow. I know it is silly, but I want them to spend their time on cleaning things, not picking up. Then writing this blog...
8:45 - Matthew woke up. Luckily, normally all it takes is a few more minutes of holding the pacifier! however, it is 9:07 and he is squeaking again and kind of sounding like he is going to work up into a cry... to be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment