Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Week in the Life: 3YO and 6WO- Tuesday

Tuesday - sorry, no pictures today. I will take more tomorrow.

1:20am - 1:45am - Eat, change, sleep. Followed by grunting for the next two hours with some sleep in there somewhere.

3:45 - 4:15 - Eat, change, sleep. Followed by grunting for the next two hours with some sleep in there somewhere.

5:45 - 6:00 - Snack, change, sleep. Followed by grunting for the next hour.

6:00 - 7:00 - Shower, pump, Carl is up and getting ready.

7:00 - Matthew crying, he had busted out of swaddle. I take him downstairs and he grunts and sleeps in his moses basket for 20 minutes or so while I eat breakfast.

7:20 - 8:00 - Me and Matthew time. Change his diaper, play and talk on the changing table. I am getting smile more frequently now. Then we play in his play mat thing for awhile.

8:00 - Swing time for Matthew (was asleep in 5 minutes). I go wake up John. 15 minutes later he is playing upstairs and I am downstairs making breakfast (dino oatmeal and bananas). John takes forever to eat and the cleaners arrive around 8:30.

8:40 - I feed Matthew in our room and John watches Handy Manny.

9:15 - out the door to Babies R Us. This was the first time I have both kids by myself in public. John rode in the big part of the cart and Matthew slept in his car seat in the top. It worked this time because I only needed a couple of things.

10:00 - I drive through Starbucks to get John a chocolate doughnut for a snack (a special treat considering this the 2nd time in his life he has had a doughnut). I look back and he is asleep! WHAT? He NEVER does that. I had given him medicine for his runny nose and cough this morning, so I guess it knocked him out.

10:15 - 11:40 - Eat snack out back. John says "I really like it out here". :) Good thing buddy, because you and me are going to be spending a lot of time here this summer! Then we went upstairs (cleaners still here, but finished up there) and colored his new coloring book about RIO (the toucan movie). This boy LOVES to color and draw. Probably the most time spent on this during the "play" hours of the day. We played Zingo, played on the floor with Matthew (he was awake this whole time), read books and drew on the wall.

11:40 - I change and feed Matthew and John draws on the wall. cleaners leave.

12:00 - swing time for Matthew (asleep in 15 minutes), while I make lunch (turkey sandwich, strawberries and apple). John does not eat much at all. I think it is because of the meds and not feeling well, so I do not push it.

12:30 - Daddy is home! John and Daddy play upstairs and then I put John down about 12:45.

1:15 - 2:30 - I take Matthew to the OBGYN with me and Carl works out during John's nap. Matthew slept the whole time.

2:30 - change and feed Matthew. talk and play a bit, but he is cranky. so I put him in his swing for a nap (sleeping, grunting, sleeping, grunting)(notice a pattern here...he is in that swing a lot!, guess I should think about breaking that... na...maybe next month)

3:00 - Carl is working and I am typing this blog waiting for John to wake up.

3:30 - 4:30: John is up and we color upstairs for a bit, Carl goes down to work again. Then we realize there may be a storm tonight with hail, so Carl get so the garage to get the truck in.

4:30 - Carl and John head off to see the 3D version of "Rio". YEAH! What a fun surprise. I take a look at the to-do list and at my clean house (remember cleaners came today and I did not have to make dinner) and decide to sit and catch up on my "Parenthood" TV show. I get Matthew out of his swing and let him sleep in my arms - LOVE IT!

5:30 - eat, change diaper and clothes after an unfortunate MASSIVE spit up. Fall back asleep for a bit. Go out back, it is a beautiful evening and talk to Grammie on the phone.

7:00 - the boys are home! they had a great time. They picked up McDonald's on the way home for John. Matthew is cranky and I can tell he is sleepy, so I take him upstairs. I try to top him off, but only after a couple minutes each side, I can not keep him awake. So I swaddle, lay him down... and...WHAT??!?! No paci, fast asleep! YEAH!

7:30 - I am out in time to give John his bath. Then we go downstairs and play Toucans for awhile and let him run around crazy. Followed by his daily poo. He tells us not to come, that he can do it himself. And he can.. he is such a big boy. I still wipe though, I have yet to teach him how to do that... Where do you start?!?!?

8:00 - Bed time routine for John. They acted like toucans today. Matthew did wake back up briefly, but it is 8:20 and we are both downstairs with what looks to be a long evening for us!

No comments: