Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer ideas

Okay, so here it goes....my attempt at keeping John stimulated this summer....(note: these are outside of our everyday playing and things around the house, just some things to make each day "special", even if only for half an hour)

Places we can go:
- Zoo (we have a membership, so this is free (excluding gas for the car)
- Neighborhood pool (yes we have one, but it is fun to change it up)
- Indoor Safari park; i.e. play area with trains and animals (I have a coupon to go twice to this place)
- Friends houses (now accepting invitations)
- A Park tour (trying out a new park each week around the area)

Things to do:
- Arts and Crafts (I have these little decks of cards with ideas on them that are coming in handy)
- movie days (saved maybe for rainy days)
- Swim in our pool (could be tricky with Matthew)
- Alphabet days. Each day will be a different letter of the alphabet and will have a theme/activity that will start with that letter. I will try to incorporate colors and food and other things that start with that letter as well. Here is where I am soliciting specific help. As you can see, some ideas are lame and I am missing some letters... any ideas on ANY letters would be appreciated

A - Art
B - Books or Board games
C - Camera or computer
D - Drawing or Dancing
E - Eating
F -
G - Games
H -
I - Insects
J - Jungle
K - Kitchen
L - Love
M - Music
N - Nature or Numbers
O - Outside
P - Plants or pictures
Q -
R - Reading
S - Swimming
T - T-ball
U -
V- video
W - water
X
Y - Yellow
Z - Zoo

2 comments:

Audra said...

Ok here are my ideas:
F: farm ( you could do farm animals or visit a farm/petting zoo)
H: Hats!

I know those are both reaching, but ideas none the less.

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

O--opposites
U--uniforms. See how many people you can see around town who are wearing uniforms. Talk about our helpers in the city...policemen, firemen...take a trip to the fire station.
F--painting using feathers as the brush or using fingers as the brush.
H--hand prints for everyone and I like the hats idea.
Q -quilt??? have squares of colored paper cut out and glue them into his choice of patterns or have him copy your patterns on his paper. Sounds like fun times ahead for you guys.