Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 months

Hard to believe he is 3 months old, but at the same time, I feel like he was born years ago and there was never life before him.

Super blessed that he is an incredible night sleeper...typically asleep by 8:30 and I do not hear from him again until 5 or 6 the next morning...then back down until 8:30 or so. However, this is translating into three 30 minute naps a day! Whaaat?!?!? Guess I can't have the best of both worlds. ;)

My favorite thing in the world is when he talks and laughs at me. He has an absolutely beautiful smile!

Pretty typical 3 month old with a 3 year old brother, not a lot of activity outside my arms, the swing, bouncer, floor blanket and car seat. I do have some concerns (I know this comes as a surprise to most of you). I do not believe his neck strength or mobility is where it should be. After some self diagnosis on web-md I think he may have Torticollis. I am taking him to doctor this morning to check him out. Nothing serious that some physical therapy can not help, but I would like to catch it early. The boy WILL not turn his head to the left without some heavy enticing or moving it with my hands. More to come on this...

Despite the little day time sleep he is a very happy baby. He is really only cranky when he is tired or hungry. OR if you are holding him in a position that he does not like he will let you know pretty quick. He list of preferred holds is pretty short!

Here are some cute pics:





3 comments:

Summer said...

oh, i can't wait to see you guys next week and get my hands on him - he has changed soooo much! loving all the pics you put up. is he a lot chubbier than john was? want to eat him up!

Audra said...

Jamie,
Zane had the same problem with his neck, he refused to look left. We put all his toys on that side trying to force him to look/play in that direction. I talked to the neurologists on my floor about it at the time ( it started right around three months) and they all said it was TOTALLY normal and that most kids do this but their parents don't really notice. They assured me he would grow out of it and he did with no problems. The back of his head was a little slopped from it, but that too has evened out. I would give it a while before you do anything with him, it is totally normal.

p.s. he is soo adorable and looks a lot like his beautiful mother :)

KC said...

Loved the update and all the pics. Such a cutie.

I have a friend whose baby had torticolis (sp?). Let me know what you find out - maybe you guys can email. She did rehab with him from like 1 - 12 months and it is all good now (he's almost 18 mos).