Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy FIRST Birthday week (Matthew): When I picture you....

When I picture you at one year old....

I picture you holding anything that remotely looks like a phone to your ear and smiling.

I picture you stumbling towards me with hands in the air and giggling all the while.

I picture all the thousands of dimples in your sweet naked bum.

I picture you in a diaper and your pudgy belly leading the way.

I picture the scrunch in your nose when you try to make me laugh.

I picture the separation in your two front teeth, just like John had.

I picture you waving your arms like a duck when you want picked up or the food is not coming fast enough.

I picture cuddling in my lap while you drink your bottles.

I picture you playing with John in the living room.

I picture you bolting to the stairs if the gate is open, and looking back at me periodically to see if I am going to come close it.

I picture the kissing noise you make with your lips.

I picture the inevitable struggle on the changing table (grrrrrrr...).

I picture the speed crawl that your turn on when you hear the bath tub, and then trying to climb in fully clothed.

I picture all of the safety hazards everywhere we go and the wheels turning in your head on how you plan on climbing in, on or out of something.

I picture the serious look on your face instantly turn into a smile as you watch the coffee maker in action and then the coffee finally comes out (I feel the same way about coffee).

I picture you in the sock basket in the laundry room floor.

I picture you squeezing your little fist together almost violently when you are signing milk.

I picture your chubby face and that precious dimple in your cheek.

I picture the smiling face and jibber jabber coming from the crib when I come get you in the morning.

I picture you snuggled up in my neck as you are drifting off to sleep.

2 comments:

Summer said...

LOVE! But I want to see some pics of this boy too! Hopefully that is coming?

Abbey said...

Love this post! So excited to hear more. Beautifully written!