Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy FIRST Birthday Week (Matthew Edition): Milestones

A few milestones and memories throughout the year (in no particular order)

Walking: took your first real steps right at 11 months, but just last Saturday (1 week shy of your birthday) you figured it out and now you walk everywhere.

Foods: You nursed like a champ for 9 months. I got super sick and had to take some medication that was not good for you. As I was debating switching you to formula anyway, I took the opportunity to stop. You switched to formula without any issues.

We started solids at 4 months and you have been a champion eater ever since. You will really eat almost anything I put on your plate. You devour the fruit first, but get around to the rest eventually. Some of your regulars: scrambled eggs with cheese, yogurt with pureed fruit, grilled cheese sandwhich with deli meat, meat loaf, ham and cheese baked in crescent rolls (thanks Aunt Abbey), oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon. fruit, shredded cheese, avacado (sometimes), mac and cheese, cut up hot dog, chicken fingers. (hmmm...not seeing a lot of veggies on here, maybe I need to overhaul our meals)
Sleeping: I can not remember when you slept through the night, but I think it depends on individual definition of "the night". You woke up at 5:00am for the longest time and would have a bottle and go back to sleep until 8 or so. Nowadays, you are my little alarm clock between 6:00 and 6:30. Once I put you down at night I do not hear from you AT ALL until morning, thank you my dear, thank you.

You nap 2 times a day right now, but are starting the transition into one. Your first nap is around 9:30 (give or take 30 minutes) and will be anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Your second nap is around 3:30 and is usually only 45 minutes or so. You go down with smiles on nap #1, but fight that second nap pretty consistently.

Talking: hmmmm? I could argue that you have a sound that comes out everytime you see Bailee and it starts with a D, but pretty sure you are not talking yet.

Teeth: You have 4 right now and have since probably 9 months or so. I think you are finally cutting a 5th and possibly more.

Favorite things and activities: Shaking things (toys with rattles, containers with stuff, etc.) always puts a smile on your face, and we always say good morning and goodnight to a few select bears (sleep bear, pooh bear, Mr. Bear and Giggle), but other than that, you really have no vices. You enjoy Peek-a-boo and putting things into and out of a bucket/container/basket/etc. and of course a little game of stick your tounge out (Thanks Da). Climbing on and off something is pretty addicting to you (little red chair, Johns blue floor pillow/chair, pillows, the couch when I let you, the stairs, etc.). You have not really discovered the absolute wonder of outside, due to safety and weather, but Spring is around the corner and I think you will love it.

No comments: