The quote of the season from John would have to be this.... he had heard on TV that a family tradition was to go around the table and say our favorite thing about Christmas. Here is our conversation:
John: Mommy we should do that.
Me: I think that is a great idea.
John: I already know what your favorite thing is.
Me: Oh ya, what?
John: Giving. (awwww)
Me: What is your favorite thing?
John: Getting.
HeeHee.
We started off December with this handy, pinterest inspired advent calendar. In which I put a slip of paper that included a special activity that we got to do for the day. Activities included, decorate cookies, dates with mom or dad, random acts of kindness, Christmas crafts, play dates, Christmas movies, look at Christmas lights, shop for Christmas presents, etc.
Then of course Jingles the elf showed up with breakfast and started flying around the house each night. Here are two days I happen to remember to get his picture.
All John asked for on his list to Santa was a lego box and this dino shirt:
I am super pleased with the lego box, as he has played with it every single day for quite sometime, the dino shirt on the other hand, I can do without. Other gifts he received included a toy story blanket, a remote control light up car, lots of dinosaur legos, a dragon shirt, books, an ATV, a bear sleeping bag, a razor scooter, a pop up soccer goal, an angry bird board game thing, and more wonderful things from very generous people.
Matthew obviously did not ask for anything, but some things he got it, balls, a tricycle, a lion sleeping bag, books, art supplies, a LOL elmo, a remote control robot, a dragon shirt, a ball pit, etc. He really did not care too much about the presents. He liked to watch other people open and then play with whatever John was playing with.
Best thing of all was that they had a white Christmas! I think I read this is only the 2nd time in 100 years that Dallas has seen a white Christmas day. It was awesome, although MJ did not want anything to do with it until the next day. Here are a few pictures:
We went to Oklahoma before Christmas and shared in the celebrations with a lot of family. Grammie had created an elf for each of the kids and decorated the tree with them. Matthew's had a sack of balls, John's had a fishing pole, Brendan had a soccer ball, Maggie had a tu-tu and baby Everett had a yellow baby blanket. She also incorporate elf-nog (lime sherbet and ginger ale) and an elf hunt with 36 different bags for the kids to find. Super fun.



























No comments:
Post a Comment