Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Full of personality

Matthew is coming into his own little personality right now and he is FULL OF IT! I love this age so much. I remember saying that with John too. He is 22 months and I can not get enough of him!

He is so animated and can be a total ham when he wants to be. He hardly has any words, but he sure knows how to express himself and communicate very clearly.

Happy! Happy! Happy! That is the one word I would use to describe him right now, not much can get him hot and bothered, and even if it did, he bounces back pretty quickly. John being the main culprit of the "hot and bothered" moments.When he does hear no or does not get his way he simply, wipes the smile off of his face, drops his shoulders, tilts his head and looks so pitiful. It makes me smile every time! He does get the real tears every now and again and then you know it is for real, but without those tears.... you know it will be quick lived.

He points and grunts a lot or just goes and does it himself or pulls you to show you want he needs or wants. I just know the words are coming. :)

He is growing up so fast and almost everyday I say "go write that down" because I know I will forget these times. He is still sitting in a booster seat at meals so that I can make sure he stays still, but he can go without and he eats with utensils and from a real cup (sometimes). He can run really fast for his age and he jumps, both feet off the floor, pretty high. He can out shoot me in a plastic basketball game and probably out dribble John with the soccer ball. He tackles Daddy with some real force and loves to swing a bat (or anything else handy) at a ball like there is no tomorrow. He taught himself how to do a three wheel scooter a few months back. He amazes me everyday.

He has started to sleep with an animal and a blanket at nap and night night. It is so cute when he tries to grab them both and drag them upstairs. Sometimes he thinks he can do more than he can with his little pudgy legs.

Once he is warmed up in a situation he can be a real ham. He loves to dance to anything and thinks it weird if music is on and no one is dancing. He knows how to get someones attention to get what he wants.

The one thing above all is his overflowing love for his brother. If John is around, life is good. He mimics everything he does. They are playing together and really enjoying it. He literally will do whatever John is doing no matter how wacky. Watching them play together are my favorite moments throughout the day, by far. Admittedly, I get teary eyed several times a week at how sweet they are with each other and how I want to stop time. They are my angels!

No comments: