Dear Matthew:
Oh my precious little monkey, I don;t know where to begin to tell you how much you mean to this family. You are the sunshine on an otherwise gloomy day. You make our world more interesting every waking minute. All three of us cherish you more than you know.
You pick up at least 3 new word every day, I always ask you to repeat it to make sure I heard it right. To see you growing in your words reminds me how fast this goes by. There are still some words that only I can understand and the selfish part of me wants to keep it that way. A bond that only you and I have. Although John translates sometimes a lot better than I do.
When I stare at you I see the little boy coming out and the baby fading away, I am filled with pride and sorrow at the same time. I know I am losing a part of you, but only to be replaced by a different part of you that is as just as great.
The full blown fits have started, tears, screaming, body flailing and all; difference is, this time I know it will pass and I know how to stay calm with you and give you choices. I sure do wish I was that way when John hit this stage. I think you will have an advantage to my patience over your brother. Something I am hoping you can later rub off on him. By all means, that is me growing as a person and parent.
When you look up at me from your crib at night and say 'I love you mommy' with a huge smile on your face, it makes anything that was wrong right again.
You are already protective of me, just like your brother was and still is (a little bit). When you boys are wrestling in the living room, it is all smiles until Mama gets involved, then you stand back and start to cry and scream 'no'.
You are so goofy. Out of the blue you will bust out in some sort of march or wiggles or something, and when music comes on and I ask if want to to dance, you go for it! You know when you are trying to make people laugh, you like the stage a bit more than your brother, but still not a complete extrovert.
Most of all, I love to see you with a ball in your hand, as I know that is when you are the happiest. It is amazing how much you can already do with any ball you are given. You cheer for yourself when you do something good and say 'almost' when you miss the basket or don't catch the ball or score a goal. You will do the same for anyone else that will play with you.
Although you and John have some sharing issues at times, overall you are very giving and sharing. You take John any snack you are having, you always let anyone have a bite, and when asked if you will share you gladly hand it over, but with the disclaimer " riiiiiight back " with one finger up I the air. This your favorite phrase by far!
I can't wait to see you every morning, and I can't wait to kiss you goodnight every night. You make our world a better place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment