Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Week in the Life: Tuesday

5:06 - my internal clock goes off, I try to fight and it and win this time! I did not wake up until 6:45. However, I do love getting up before the boys and having some time to myself to read my bible and have coffee and anything else I feel like doing.

6:45 - up and make lunch for John and wake his grumpy bottom up. Downstairs to eat and get dressed. I get Matthew up about 7:15 and we rush to get him cleaned up. He still has accidents at night two or three times a month probably. Especially when he gets to bed late like last night.

7:50 - back from drop off and I jump in the shower while Matthew eats breakfast and watches TV. After I get out, I sit with him and bit and then get him dressed for beach day. I finish getting ready and then we head out the door in his swimsuit. He is excited about it, the boy loves water!

9:15 - Back at the house after stopping at Starbucks to get a dozen cake pops as my contribution to a bible study lunch that I am hosting at the house last minute. Ashlea had a family emergency, so we switched the location late yesterday to my house. I pick up breakfast and some lingering things here and there, but overall the house is good. Have I mentioned that I could get used to living this way with less stuff and a clean house.

10:30 - The first guests arrive and they have balloons and presents!?!? WHAT? They have turned this into a surprise baby shower for me! These women are such a blessing in my life. Not just because of the shower, but just having such caring and giving women around you just makes your life more rich! We talk and eat and talk some more, Sharon said a beautiful prayer for our family and I am overwhelmed. My phone died so we only got a few pictures, but I love this one because it shows this beautiful door wreath or wall decor or any other display that Emily made me. I am bringing it to the hospital and hanging it on my door!

1:40 - People are still here and I am having to push 'em out, but they get it. :) I return a call on the house (no luck though). I go get Matthew and he is EXHAUSTED. I can see it all over his face and in his eyes. Must have been a special day! We fiddle around the living room, go through all the presents and look at some pictures before we head to get John at 2:40.

3:00 - Home from getting John and we make orange juice slushies, then John plays on the computer and Matthew watches Wallakazam while I clean up the remains from the shower. Our awesome pool guy knocks on the backdoor (he has been here all day resealing something or other). He wants to meet me over at the rental house with his wife and kids to take a look. (He is a Plano fireman, he has 5 kids, 3 adopted and wants to adopt more.) For any of those reading this that are saying "no don't go over there by yourself", I assure you this is perfectly safe. He is good friends with some of our good friends and has known them for years. I will give you peace of mind and say that I will not get out of the car if he shows up with no wife and kids. :)

4:00 - Boys are upstairs playing nicely while I type this blog, but then the tired day has set in and all chaos breaks loose. John starts screaming and Matthew and Matthew starts screaming and crying and coming downstairs. John starts screaming that everyone hates him and he is going to kill himself. Yep, you read that right if you are still reading. This is his new thing. We are trying to handle it very calmly and lovingly, but we are not sure what to do with that….. any advice would be helpful.

4:30 - We leave to go to the Dollar Tree and get sunglasses for Matthew's school friends and their end of year party. I give the boys each a few dollars and let them pick out that number of toys. Since everything is $1, it makes negotiating easy!

5:15 - Back home and eating a quick dinner (leftovers from all the yummy food everyone brought to the lunch today) and then head out to meet the lady at the rental. It was actually just her that showed up, so we were good. She liked it, but was hesitant about switching school districts. The house was a construction mess! The floors don't go in until the 30th, so we are part of the waiting game right now.

6:30 - Home and playing with the Dollar Tree toys (rocket balloons and zombie brain ooze were the favorites), quick shower and bath and then cake pops left over from the party for a treat. The boys run around and play with each other intermittently while we watch American Idol (which we never do, but John was really interested for some reason).

7:40 - head up for bed because they are getting wild and Matthew is moving into a zombie mode he is so tired. We still struggle with John and his fits at night time, so he lost his book before bed tonight due to the screaming and mean talk out of his mouth… whew, that boy….

I sit and watch August:Osage County. It was depressing and I wish I could have those 2 hours of my life back and be productive!



1 comment:

Abbey said...

That is rough with John. I don't think I've heard those exact words from B, but the extreme frustration sentiment and anger has happened. The only good news is that it seems to pass. I don' tthink we did anything magical, but the outburtst incidents are dramatically reduced now days. So rare that it is odd. I hope it passes for you too or that you find a solution.