Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week in the Life: Wednesday

3:50am - John comes down with a nightmare. Since Carl is gone and he can spread out, I let him crawl in bed with me… somehow, he STILL ends up sharing my pillow.

5:15 - Internal clock: Ignore.

6:35 - John wakes up, we get up and he does this Kindergarten workbook thing while I make his lunch.  I hear Matthew around 7:00, so I decide to feed them breakfast at the same time (he is still in his crib, so he can't come down on his own just yet). Pancakes for John and cereal for Matthew. Get dressed and then play with brain ooze. John got 10 beads at school and he choose to "bring an animal to school" as a reward. So we go on a several minute search for which animal it will be… Mahi Mahi won.

7:50 - Back from school drop off. Made some coffee and watching the news while Matthew plays with brain ooze… then I run a paper lunch bag down to Emily and we take Corbin back home with us for a playdate. The boys play with play dough and balloons and then they disappear in Johns closet for a long time, only to be interrupted with Corbin coming down tell me that Matthew has pulled his pants off and showed him his penis. What am I going to do with that boy! He always wants his pants off. Then they run around and play with random things and end up in the office playing with 4 piggy banks FOREVER! Not sure how that kept them so happy, but it did.

They still play "near" each other, not really "with" each other at this age.





I have been returning phone calls on the rental house, calling about carpet cleaning at our house, picking up the house, packing garage sale boxes and writing this blog.

10:00 - Ms. Emily came over with her youngest son and her niece. All of us talk and play for a couple of more hours. We enjoy having them over! I get a call somewhere in there that someone wants to see this house at 3:30. Whew, here we go...

















12:00 - lunch and nap. Then I race around and try to put this house together and do all of the "staging" that April suggested.

2:15 - wake up MJ and have a snack, head to get John a bit early so Ashlea and I can chat a few minutes before pick up.

3:15 - Home, snack and try to play without making a mess. We watch a little bit of Frozen and play on the computer. Finally about 4:20, the people show up and stay until 5:00, we played out in the front yard. Good news, they want to rent it, bad news they want us out by 5/31. Clearly not going to happen. They are supposed to tell us tomorrow about a 7/1 move in. While we are outside someone called to see the rental house at 7:30 tonight.

5:00 - We SPRINT out of here to Kroger to get snacks for the baseball team, grab dinner, get home, scarf it down, get dressed and go to the game. We are 10 minutes late for warms up, and it is Johns turn to be captain. Arg. He gets to wear the orange belt. ( I forgot my big camera, blah). As I am getting the snacks and ice chest up the ramps, I realize I locked my keys in the car. So I miss the first 2 innings on the phone with on star. Elyse and Matthew are playing like crazy again and Bob and Carolyn are here today. Whew, they keep me sane!

John had a good game 4 big hits. He hurt his foot somehow and is limping pretty good though. :(






7:15 - Head to the rental house with the Joneses and show it to this nice couple who want to rent it, fill out an application, but then after talking to them and Carl, we are not ready to drop the price to what they can afford. We have had so much interest and the house is not even finished AND it is not listed on any sites yet. Once complete, this place should rent easily.

8:30 - Home, shower, bed. I get on the computer and upload and send a bunch of pictures of our house to an old Dallas Cowboy who is interested in renting. Then I crash. Blah.

No comments: